Author Topic: cleveland ARTCC "Many Frequencies"  (Read 27008 times)

Offline AeroBill

cleveland ARTCC "Many Frequencies"
« on: July 07, 2010, 08:40:09 PM »
Possible for feeder for Cleveland Center "Many Freqs" to list them?  For flight tracking would appreciate knowing which ones are being monitored.
Thanks.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: cleveland ARTCC "Many Frequencies"
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 09:23:46 PM »
Short answer: several

Longer answer:  will try to get the list

Offline AeroBill

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 07:56:44 PM »
Dave,
   Thanks for the extensive list.  I can monitor some of these from my location which helps in tracking.  Thanks to the
feeder also for supplying the list. Happy to see more of the Center freqs being added.

Offline Caleb

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 03:50:48 PM »
Short answer: several

Longer answer:  will try to get the list

Beat you to it :P

http://bit.ly/9xBnjQ

That's in a PDF file. Nice and orginized!

Enjoy!  :-D

73s
Caleb
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 03:55:19 PM by Caleb »

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 01:25:54 PM »
A lot of the transmissions on this feed are very weak and not readable because many of the frequencies being scanned are on the fringe of the radios reception range, this ends up blocking out a lot of the stronger signals on closer frequencies. This is just a suggestion, instead of trying to scan every Cleveland Center Frequency it might better if the radio was set to scan a selection of closer frequencies only ?

Perhaps as a test the scanner could be set up to ONLY scan the Cleveland Center Area 4 High Altitude sectors ....

From what I've head listening so far the reception is good on these frequencies, and as they cover one specific area it would be easier to follow traffic.

DJ

Offline AeroBill

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 09:37:18 PM »
 This may be as good a topic as any to put in another suggestion.  We have plenty of airports now available to listen to, but still
not too many ARTCC Center  Frequencies.  For those interested in flight following it would be nice to have Center frequencies for
major air routes.  For example, the fights between New York and Chicago seem to use the same Center frequencies along the way.
  New York departure hands off the flight to NY Center on 132.600; then 132.175 and then over to a Cleveland Center Freq. and
finally I assume to Chicago Center. The same pattern is used for flights south or north from NY area airports.
  It probably holds true for other parts of the country as well.  If there was enough interest in the listening community you
might eventually be able to listen to a flight all the way from Los Angeles to New York. Anyway just an idea.        

Offline PIT

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 10:26:36 PM »
I just added another Cleveland ctr feed. The feed site is located in Pittsburgh with the other Cleveland cntr Pittsburgh feed. Still waiting on Dave to add the feed to the site feed index.

http://d.liveatc.net/zob_wpa.m3u
http://d.liveatc.net/zob_wpa2.m3u

wpa-

Area 6
Rayland 134.47
Bellair 125.42
Imperial 132.12
Allegheny 133.07
Clarksburg 135.27
Wheeling 120.4

wpa2-

Area 5
Brecksville 121.07
Franklin 119.72
Clarion 126.72
Tyrone 121.20
Indianhead 124.4
Morgantown 126.95

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 11:17:46 PM »
then over to a Cleveland Center Freq. and finally I assume to Chicago Center.

On the standard route between the New York Terminal Area (JFK,EWR,LGA,HPN) and Chicago (ORD) via COATE.J36.FNT.WYNDE2, the handoff is from Cleveland on 133.875 to Chicago on 126.125. FYI there is an excellent LiveATC feed here that monitors Chicago on 126.125 exclusively with good controller reception, ZAU Chicago Center (25).

Offline JETSFORME

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 11:05:18 AM »
wpa2 is not working at all

Offline Caleb

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 02:08:38 PM »
This may be as good a topic as any to put in another suggestion.  We have plenty of airports now available to listen to, but still
not too many ARTCC Center  Frequencies.  For those interested in flight following it would be nice to have Center frequencies for
major air routes.  For example, the fights between New York and Chicago seem to use the same Center frequencies along the way.
  New York departure hands off the flight to NY Center on 132.600; then 132.175 and then over to a Cleveland Center Freq. and
finally I assume to Chicago Center. The same pattern is used for flights south or north from NY area airports.
  It probably holds true for other parts of the country as well.  If there was enough interest in the listening community you
might eventually be able to listen to a flight all the way from Los Angeles to New York. Anyway just an idea.        

Did you not look at the link I posted above? That has all the ZOB frequencies in it.

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 02:23:02 PM »
Did you not look at the link I posted above? That has all the ZOB frequencies in it.

That link has Chicago Center Frequencies (ZAU), did you have one for Cleveland (ZOB) as well ?

Offline PIT

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 02:36:20 PM »
wpa2 is not working at all

sorry volume was down. back up now

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 02:37:07 PM »
This will be listed later today.

Offline theman280

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 06:01:30 PM »

This is a very good idea, I for one am very interested in ARTCC Center Frequency monitoring and flight followings, it would be very cool to be able to listen to an entire flight route from departure to landing especially on long haul trips (if one has the time), excellent idea Aerobill ...

Offline PIT

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 08:29:59 PM »
I would also make ZOB one step closer to being fully covered!

Offline contrails

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2010, 02:31:28 PM »

I know I'm a little late on this thread....but I too would be interested in High Alt. only ARTCC flight following. Particularly on the route mentioned, NY(area)-ORD. I am located about 30 east of FNT just south of J-547/just north of J-36/68 on the high alt. chart, and pick up traffic directly overhead heading to ORD, with occasional traffic East coast to west coast and vice versa. The scanner freq.(unfortunately aircraft comm only at location)in order are typically 125.77(Toronto), 133.87(Cleveland....sometimes preceded by 126.52 if high level of traffic), 126.12(Chicago), and on rare occasions 133.2....before fade-out.

Stupid question....where does one have to be located in order to get 2-way comm. for 133.87(cleveland)? Are there remote outlets or such that allow one to listen outside of the actual Cleveland ARTCC location? 

Thanks

Offline captkel

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2010, 08:26:24 PM »
Stupid question....where does one have to be located in order to get 2-way comm. for 133.87(cleveland)? Are there remote outlets or such that allow one to listen outside of the actual Cleveland ARTCC location? 

Thanks
[/quote]

I came up with Cleveland Center (ZOB) frequency 133.875 RCAG is located at the
MBS International Airport in Freeland (Saginaw) Michigan and or at the Clare Municipal Airport in Clare, Michigan   43°50'04.134"N   84°44'24.557"W   
See link below on Bing Maps, zoom in to see it.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&cp=44.023938~-99.71&style=h&lvl=4&tilt=-89.875918865193&dir=0&alt=7689462.6842358#JnE9LjQzJWMyJWIwNTAnMDQlNDAyMTM0JTIyTisrKzg0JWMyJWIwNDQnMjQlNDAyNTU3JTIyVyU3ZXNzdC4wJTdlcGcuMSZiYj01OC41NjIxNzIwMDA4MjQ4JTdlLTY1Ljc4NDIxODc1JTdlMjQuODA2MDcwOTU0MzM1MiU3ZS0xMzMuNjM1NzgxMjU

Offline contrails

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2010, 11:58:45 PM »
Thanks for the information. Is there still a RCAG location database available on the web....the few I've found no longer work. Just how close does one have to be to the RCAG to pick up both aircraft AND ATC? The 2 locations you gave put these 70/100 miles away from my location.

Offline captkel

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 08:52:04 AM »
Radio Reference  http://www.radioreference.com/  there is a Wiki that lists frequencies and RCAG locations.
Here is the one for Cleveland ARTCC     http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=2232
SO FAR for me with my setup, the farthest away that I can hear the ground side of the communications is about 40 miles.
I live in South Florida which has flat terrain.

KEL :-D

Offline contrails

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 12:57:39 AM »
Thanks again for the info Kel....guess next time I'm heading north I'll have to take my scanner and give it a try.