Air Traffic Monitoring > Listener Forum

Donations welcome

(1/18) > >>

dave:
The site is taking a hit in bandwidth today, which will likely cost far more than our average month.

Donations are always welcome, however small.  If you enjoy the site, please do contribute.

PayPal here:
http://www.liveatc.net/donations.php

or if you prefer to mail a check (made out to LiveATC.net LLC):

LiveATC.net LLC
Dave Pascoe
P.O. Box 178
Amherst, NH 03031-0178

Thanks,
Dave

bibi:
i will donate some bucks soon :)

KSYR-pjr:
Looks like the forum today has more than doubled the record of "Most Online EVER," which if I remember correctly was somewhere around 450 previously.

TBolt:
Money is tight these days, but I'm gladly sending my $20 in beer money. Two things, though:

1. Just curious...what does it cost to run a site like this?

2. After this event in Buffalo, the Press and others will likely come to LiveATC first after any aviation incident in order to pull recordings from the archives.  So, this will happen again.  I'd hate to see the archives removed or go pay-as-you-go for members, but perhaps you could charge the Press for each download somehow?

dave:

--- Quote from: TBolt on February 13, 2009, 02:28:54 PM ---Money is tight these days, but I'm gladly sending my $20 in beer money. Two things, though:

1. Just curious...what does it cost to run a site like this?

2. After this event in Buffalo, the Press and others will likely come to LiveATC first after any aviation incident in order to pull recordings from the archives.  So, this will happen again.  I'd hate to see the archives removed or go pay-as-you-go for members, but perhaps you could charge the Press for each download somehow?

--- End quote ---

It costs a fair bit for the total operation.  This includes bandwidth, hardware, and lots of hardware to put up some of the bigger Class B area feeds.

We try to manage with very few donations and advertising.  We get bandwidth donations, which help somewhat.  And the press has been coming here for a while, so this is not new.

My goal is to not turn it into a "pay" site.  But you would be surprised how very few cash donations actually come in.  It is a very small number.

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version