Air Traffic Monitoring > Listener Forum

Denver radio.

(1/2) > >>

Chananya Freedman:
I just noticed there is a feed that is Denver radio. I know this kind of things exist but can somebody explain to me what they are, what their purpose is and how busy they normally get. Is this new feed that has Denver radio the only one that LiveATC covers? any info would be greatly appreciated.

Fryy/Avocadoflight:
I think it has something to do with a relay for a Flight Service Station. I found this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_communications_outlet
Can't think of one of the top of my head but I think there are other FSS feeds covered.

captkel:
Hi, one of my feeds includes "Miami Radio"...yes it's the Miami Flight Service Station! This one handles the opening and closing of VFR flight plans of aircraft going to and from south Florida (West Palm Beach, Miami, and the Fort Lauderdale) area to the Bahamas.     https://www.liveatc.net/hlisten.php?mount=kmia_fss_misc&icao=kmia

:-D 8-)   Kel

P.S.  When Trump is in town at Mar-A-Lago I feed the Airforce aircraft on this feed too.

diskus:
Ive been listening to the ZOA Oakland Center (35) feed KSFO recently which lists  ARINC San Francisco Radio   131.950. While I do hear controllers sending planes to "San Francisco Radio" I have yet to hear anyone come up on it

RonR:

--- Quote from: diskus on March 09, 2019, 05:55:53 PM ---Ive been listening to the ZOA Oakland Center (35) feed KSFO recently which lists  ARINC San Francisco Radio   131.950. While I do hear controllers sending planes to "San Francisco Radio" I have yet to hear anyone come up on it

--- End quote ---

Hi diskus,

San Francisco ARINC "Radio" is not the same as the Flight Service Station "Radio".  San Fran ARINC handles westbound over-the ocean flights (New York ARINC on the east coast).  These flights get handed off to ARINC Radio when they are just about beyond the range of ground-based radar and VHF communications as these are both limited to line-of-sight.  Maybe the distance they are already over the ocean has something to do with you not hearing them on 131.95...

Ron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version