airtraffic

Author Topic: CYYZ feed?  (Read 18376 times)

Offline m.scholasticus

CYYZ feed?
« on: October 13, 2006, 01:41:39 PM »
since it appears no one has asked yet i guess i'll ask. does anyone know what the deal is? its been down for weeks now. I really enjoy this one especially since i see all the arrivals from the comfort of my room when they are landing 23/24  :-D

Offline Tom56

Re: CYYZ feed?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 07:46:31 AM »
I sent an e-mail to the feeder early last week to see what's up but got no response so far.
If it's still down when I get home tonight. I'll add the freqs for CYYZ to CZYZ until the situation is resloved.  :-)

Offline Acey

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 07:45:23 PM »
That would be sensational.

Offline Acey

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 07:05:33 PM »
Looks to be back up and rolling, at least for the time being.  Hoping the volume issues etc. will be worked out. Thanks a lot, guys.

Offline Tom56

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 08:16:13 AM »
I'm having some equipment problems that will be resolved in the next week or two. I spent quite a few hours on it yesterday and can't get any more volume without it breaking up.  :-(

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 09:06:04 AM »
Anyone ever talk to the people at Aviation World or Threshold Aviation about setting up a feed ? Both locations right beside the airport would be ideal and maybe the exposure on this site might give them some advertising space.

http://www.aviationworld.net/about/

http://www.thresholdaviation.com/about.asp

DJ

Offline bcrosby

• Fly With Blake
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 10:33:54 PM »
Anyone ever talk to the people at Aviation World or Threshold Aviation about setting up a feed ? Both locations right beside the airport would be ideal and maybe the exposure on this site might give them some advertising space.

I know aviation world uses their ATC feed of YYZ as hold "music" whenever you call them... So they already have the equipment..

Offline LORm

• blue ball machines are fun.
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 03:05:05 AM »

I know aviation world uses their ATC feed of YYZ as hold "music" whenever you call them... So they already have the equipment..

Nifty!

Offline mstram

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 06:11:55 PM »

AFAIK, they just have a scanner on the "counter", so no "feed" is involved.

But it would be a great idea if they could supply one.

Is there a thread / faq .. whatever on how to setup a feed?

Better yet, would be if someone here who is  -

a) experienced in how to set one up
b) lives near or doens't mind driving over to see them

.. contacts them and offers to set it up for them, explaining the advantages of advertising ..etc. to them.

I qualify for b) but not a)   :)

Mike

Offline mstram

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 06:15:10 PM »
I'm having some equipment problems that will be resolved in the next week or two. I spent quite a few hours on it yesterday and can't get any more volume without it breaking up.  :-(

Buzz,

Thanks for setting up the feed !   I missed it the last while.

Just wondering why the frequencies are shifted down (I'm using WinAmp .. and dialup ... but had been using the same setup for the "old" feed which didn't have the frequency problem.

At first I though they had hired a bunch of new controllers :-D

Mike

Offline Tom56

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 07:43:29 PM »

Buzz,

Thanks for setting up the feed !   I missed it the last while.

Just wondering why the frequencies are shifted down (I'm using WinAmp .. and dialup ... but had been using the same setup for the "old" feed which didn't have the frequency problem.

At first I though they had hired a bunch of new controllers :-D

Mike

What do you mean by shifted down?
As for the crappy sound and disconnect problems. I'm hoping to have a replacement scanner in soon to fix the feed. :oops:

Offline mstram

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 07:57:32 PM »

What do you mean by shifted down?

Seems to be ok/better today.   Volume is much better too.

By "shifted down", it's the same effect as if you slow down a recording, all the pitches go down, slow it enough and you can turn a normal voice into an "evil" monster :)

Where are you/your scanner/antenna located by the way?

How do you feel about adding more frequencies?    Gets a bit boring listetinng to only depart/arriv/tower.  (Not that listening to ATC is THAT exciting anyway :) ... I alternate between it and music when I'm working on my p.c. :)

119.3 / 133.4 (I find) interesting to hear the private guys.   Also adding the other freqs like 124.92 / 132.47, 127.00 .. others?  lets you "follow" a flight until they get out of (radio) range anyway.

Mike

Offline Tom56

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 08:46:04 PM »
I'll have to leave things as they are right now until I replace the scanner.

Offline Spitfire

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2006, 03:40:46 PM »

Nifty!

Greetings all:

Should anyone wish to pursue the feed at Aviation
World, here's some contact info:

Len Neath, Owner (Retired 747 AC  driver)

Steve Neath, son

Andy Cline, Ops Mgr...probably the best initial contact person.

Regards

Offline Tomato

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2006, 04:06:33 PM »
What exactly would we be looking for?  We already have the CYYZ feed?

As for the current CYYZ feed itself, I too have noticed it's not the same as before.  I seem to remember the feeder being a different user... could this be a reason why?  There is also some constant background noise/hum, and currently - clicks which I don't know how to identify.

Nonetheless, I do appreciate the feed and have it running right now!  :)

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2006, 04:22:50 PM »

The current Toronto feeds are saturated with too many busy frequencies. Ideally a setup like the Boston/Kennedy/San Fancisco feeds would be far better with separate radios dedicated to Ground/Tower/Arrival/Departure/Center etc. DJ

Offline Spitfire

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2006, 04:31:28 PM »

As for the current CYYZ feed itself, I too have noticed it's not the same as before.  I seem to remember the feeder being a different user... could this be a reason why?  There is also some constant background noise/hum, and currently - clicks which I don't know how to identify.

Dunno "what exactly would we be looking for?"...The question was posed by another poster, I provided info to that effect.

Yeah, I'm getting many annoying clicks, hums, etc on CYYZ feed. I thought it might have been my dial up rural server, but possibly not since you have the same problem.

And, yes, I, too appreciate having the feed even as it is.

Regards

Offline mstram

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2006, 01:58:28 PM »

Well as of yesterday and today, it sounds like either Buzz56's antenna has broken or something else has.   The readability is  "1 by 1" :)

AvWorld wouldn't even need an antenna, I'd imagine... though they might have one on their roof (don't know for sure) :)

Mike

Offline bcrosby

• Fly With Blake
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 12:14:20 PM »
I'll contact Aviation World and see if they are interested in streaming what they have (I think they only monitor tower) to liveatc.net.

Offline Spitfire

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 10:12:47 PM »
I've already contacted Len Neath, Owner of Aviation World indicating that there may be someone getting in touch with him in this regard.

Offline Tom56

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2006, 08:47:54 PM »
Scanner has been replaced. I hope the audio sounds better out there.  :-D

Offline Acey

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2006, 02:50:09 PM »
Scanner has been replaced. I hope the audio sounds better out there.  :-D

Sounds soooo much better, thanks a lot.