Author Topic: CYYZ feed posting request  (Read 7293 times)

Offline Kardinal

CYYZ feed posting request
« on: May 10, 2006, 12:15:22 PM »
The CYYZ feed suddenly started showing "please post a message if you saw this" - here's the message confirming I did.

If it's any help, I also noticed when the display started showing the METAR briefly on Monday night.

Offline sean

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 12:22:18 PM »
Well, that's one...   We were trying it out on some of the popular feeds, and when no one said anything I figured a more suggestive message would help.   Thanks...   Anyone else??

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 01:40:44 PM »
I saw the metars several days ago and intended to post thanking you guys for adding this, but kept forgetting to do so.  It's nice!

Matt

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 04:29:55 PM »
Quote from: sean
Well, that's one...   We were trying it out on some of the popular feeds, and when no one said anything I figured a more suggestive message would help.   Thanks...   Anyone else??

I haven't seen it (but I haven't been bopping around the feeds this week), but as the feeder of SYR  I would be interested in knowing if this is possible with SYR's feed.  Is there a specific hardware or software requirement needed to do this?

Offline Acey

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 09:04:46 PM »
I see it on Winamp.

Adrian

Offline Tomato

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 10:22:54 PM »
I SEE THIS too and am confirming.

The METAR was great, but noticed it got old/stale and wasn't updated for a bit.  :)

Offline sean

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 10:26:46 PM »
It was just something we tried to see if anyone noticed it.  Now that some people have, we'll put it on the technical to-do list, assuming there aren't any show stoppers.

In all fairness, this isn't our original work.  It was seen elsewhere, and seemed like a great idea.

Sean