Author Topic: CYTS Montreal Noranda, some frequencies gone?  (Read 4116 times)

Offline 777lrf

CYTS Montreal Noranda, some frequencies gone?
« on: May 13, 2019, 10:24:53 AM »
In the past hearing CYTS Montreal Noranda feed I could hear aircraft coming west right after leaving Gander airspace but now I am only hearing aircraft checking in very close to CYTS. Are some frequencies gone or moved to another feed?

Thank you very much to the feed providers!

Offline JetScan1

Re: CYTS Montreal Noranda, some frequencies gone?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 01:49:44 PM »
I'm not associated with that feed but as far as I can tell nothing has changed with it. Listening to the archives from last night and all the northern frequencies were cross-coupled and could be heard okay all the way up to the CYFB area. What you will hear will depend on how Montreal has the sectors configured, which will vary depending on traffic volume and time of day (ie: night shift). It's normal during peak times for that frequency to only work the sectors closer to CYTS.

Offline 777lrf

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 10:10:51 PM »
I'm not associated with that feed but as far as I can tell nothing has changed with it. Listening to the archives from last night and all the northern frequencies were cross-coupled and could be heard okay all the way up to the CYFB area. What you will hear will depend on how Montreal has the sectors configured, which will vary depending on traffic volume and time of day (ie: night shift). It's normal during peak times for that frequency to only work the sectors closer to CYTS.

Thank you for more great info as always. Is there another feed where I could hear the split up Montreal sectors coming from Gander?

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 12:07:02 AM »
Is there another feed where I could hear the split up Montreal sectors coming from Gander?

The CYFB Montreal Center feed covers the northern sectors. Again it will depend on how they have the sectors configured as to how far south will be able to hear. At peak times there could be a couple of sectors between CYFB and CYTS that will not be covered. During slow times when they have them all joined up you will hear the same controller and frequencies on the CYTS feed. The only problem with the CYFB feed is that it also covers the low altitude frequencies that can be very busy at times blocking out the high altitude traffic.

FYI satradar24 has partial coverage of this area so you might be able to catch some of the CPDLC SATCOM messages as well.

For example this handoff from Gander to Montreal.

D0.2
2019-05-13 19:34:08
4CAFA3
EI-GFX
Other
/YQXD2YA.AT1.EI-GFX234620DD6B367CEA94A2C198178B40613F
FANS-1/A CPDLC Message:
CPDLC Uplink Message:
Header:
Msg ID: 6
Timestamp: 17:34:03
Message data:
CONTACT [icaounitname] [frequency]
Facility Name: MONTREAL
Facility function: center
VHF: 132.450 MHz

http://dev.satradar24.com/teste_jonis/#/database

Offline 777lrf

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 04:20:30 AM »
Is there another feed where I could hear the split up Montreal sectors coming from Gander?

The CYFB Montreal Center feed covers the northern sectors. Again it will depend on how they have the sectors configured as to how far south will be able to hear. At peak times there could be a couple of sectors between CYFB and CYTS that will not be covered. During slow times when they have them all joined up you will hear the same controller and frequencies on the CYTS feed. The only problem with the CYFB feed is that it also covers the low altitude frequencies that can be very busy at times blocking out the high altitude traffic.

FYI satradar24 has partial coverage of this area so you might be able to catch some of the CPDLC SATCOM messages as well.

For example this handoff from Gander to Montreal.

D0.2
2019-05-13 19:34:08
4CAFA3
EI-GFX
Other
/YQXD2YA.AT1.EI-GFX234620DD6B367CEA94A2C198178B40613F
FANS-1/A CPDLC Message:
CPDLC Uplink Message:
Header:
Msg ID: 6
Timestamp: 17:34:03
Message data:
CONTACT [icaounitname] [frequency]
Facility Name: MONTREAL
Facility function: center
VHF: 132.450 MHz

http://dev.satradar24.com/teste_jonis/#/database

Thank you I'll put in CYFB Montreal Center to my list!

Offline JonYTS

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 04:45:34 PM »
My feed is the southern half if the Noranda sector, from Montreal centre. I have listened to the CYFB feed and noticed an unsteady period of northern Quebec being cross-coupled with my feed and other times, both airspaces are divided in half during their peak periods. My feed includes all high level traffic at FL 290 and above, for Timmins, Moosonee, Val D’Or/ Rouyn, among other sectors. I have seen some pictures of the Montreal controllers for the Timmins-Noranda sector, with their communication panel showing 9 frequencies.