Author Topic: Compliments to southern Ontario ATC  (Read 5547 times)

Offline Jonathan_tcu

Compliments to southern Ontario ATC
« on: September 18, 2005, 07:35:34 PM »
During quite times in both northern ONtario's airspace and the Quebec side with Montreal centre, I've tuned in to Toronto ATC and I'm more than impressed.  There are more hillarious and quick chats with 'auctioneer' like sounding controllers.  It's far more interesting to listen to than the local folks up here.  

Last night was no exception, probably with the full moon.  I heard one pilot who was cleared for the approach here in Timmins, in our non-radar environment.  The pilot replied "........no...... " when the controller asked if he had the airport visual.  Then another pilot filed a flight plan requesting 7000 feet altitude and he was radar i.d.'d at 17 000.

I also heard another pilot in southern Ontario was instructed to follow another flight headed to Toronto City Centre and follow a lakeshore roadway.  The pilot did not inform ATC he did not have visual reference to the aircraft ahead of him.  Plus, he did not reduce his speed by 20 kts.  

Just some cool stuff to share.  :wink:

Offline luke1

hi a
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 12:56:12 AM »
anyone know when toronto city centre will be up i just bought a condo right by the waterfront and have perfect view of the airport. =) might set up a visual system with my camera if anyone is interested. i want to hear the ATC for city centre thought that be awsome. if anyone has any idea when it will be online again or where i can find it that be whiked.

Offline Jonathan_tcu

Compliments to southern Ontario ATC
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 06:45:22 AM »
I'm for it.  I've noticed 2 links, one for the Tower and one for all the low and hi altitude frequencies.  My Real Audio has either intermittenly cut off at 2 or 13 minutes or the feed is continuous and I lose the audio.  The live feed page didn't indicate it being down.