airtraffic

Author Topic: Chicago ORD  (Read 7937 times)

Offline Chananya Freedman

Chicago ORD
« on: November 07, 2013, 01:13:26 PM »
Oh man guys!  Here's a good one for you! And Dave, I want your comments on this.

I have two ground feeds in my iTunes.  One of them has all the Tower freqs on it as well.  That is a great way to have the feed in my opinion. Question 1: What is your opinions on this? Question 2: Dave, it might be a good idea to make the proper notes of this on the website. I don't see the correct information. I'm not trying to get anybody upset, but I am voicing my opinion and looking for others.  I don't live in the Chicago Area, but I enjoy listening to Chicago. I am wishing everyone a great day.

As a side note, for those of you on the East Coast, the weather where I live will be in the 80s.

Re: Chicago ORD
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 12:54:55 PM »
Bump! Back up to the top we go! I really Dave's opinion on this, and anybody else's.

Offline InterpreDemon

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 03:08:59 PM »
Chananya, some streaming players work well, others less so or not at all, and a few present security issues with the LiveATC servers. Since this whole project is a volunteer endeavor that depends upon donors and sponsors, the technical support obligation that would come with such site recommendation(s) for every permutation of player and hardware would be a daunting prospect, though you can find discussions by various experimenters spread throughout the forum archives. The LiveATC mobile app is a very good one that is both inexpensive and also makes maximum use of the site features, like searching the feed databases, accessing the forums, displaying airport diagrams, weather, etc. It is well supported technically and helps fund the entire operation.

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 03:35:07 PM »
Alright guys I think I made a mistake.  The problem is finding a way to fix it. This is pretty much what I'm saying.  I am liking the way it is with one of the Ground Freqs covering all the tower freqs as well. I am saying two things: 1 is the website doesn't seem to indicate it properly. Number 2 is considering the way that one feed is now, what are people's opinion on it? Do they like it or not? I'm just curious. Does that seem a little more clear now?

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 11:39:17 AM »
So…the Chicago operation is a LiveATC feed setup…I guess I don't understand the question.  There are a number of separate feeds, but we do have the ability to dynamically combine some and produce other feeds.

So, again…what is the actual question

Dave

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 12:12:00 PM »
 i will email you  Dave.

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 04:52:15 PM »
Well guys, updates from my conversation with dave.  It was a mistake on my part, I have my iTunes configured wrong.  I have the wrong name on my iTunes.  Have fun listening to this one, it is one of my favorites.  And if you were particularly wondering what feed I was talking about, let me know and I will post it here.