Author Topic: KSEA 50NM final, diversions, fun stuff today...  (Read 3185 times)

Offline gmwnet

• My Blog
KSEA 50NM final, diversions, fun stuff today...
« on: September 29, 2010, 03:03:54 PM »
Was interesting listening to KSEA today -- and watching on flightaware.  We had fog this morning (still have it) and it looks like there is a problem of a tail wind on final until right close to the airport when it reverses -- at least that's what it seems as they are running a 50+ mile final for 34C -- south of Mt Rainier for some aircraft!  They are slowing everyone to 150 knots early and giving what seems to be 7-10 miles separation on final and it looks like they tighten right up as they get close to the airport.  Just had AA529 divert to KPDX due to fuel.

Lots of holding, creative vectors, cross-overs (crossing over airport for the other side of the downwind)  and delay turns.  Kinda messy right now, but interesting to behold!

Took some screen shots to show the final south of Mt Rainier -- I haven't seen it that long before, so I thought I'd share.

alltheway

Re: KSEA 50NM final, diversions, fun stuff today...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 03:22:11 PM »
Wow, They sure got a good look at Rainier! With all those hot exhausts of those airplanes snow might even melt  :evil: