Author Topic: Center Feeds  (Read 7342 times)

Offline hawk4174

Center Feeds
« on: February 25, 2008, 07:08:30 AM »
I was just wondering if anybody knows why most of the high altitude sector feeds are down so much?????????????????????????

Offline IndyTower

Re: Center Feeds
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 10:14:17 AM »
I'm renovating my house, but hope to have ZID up within a couple months.

Offline bogman

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 11:08:50 AM »
When the EINN  feed is up you can hear the plane passing over or around Ireland plus if you go into fboweb.com you can follow the flight.

I find it very good

Offline hawker53

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 03:50:06 PM »
One of the best center feeds was Indy, then someone   took it down and substituted Indy tracon instead.  I counted three separate feeds and it was busy and fun to listen to.  Too bad it is gone.

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 04:17:46 PM »
One of the best center feeds was Indy, then someone   took it down and substituted Indy tracon instead.  I counted three separate feeds and it was busy and fun to listen to.  Too bad it is gone.

I'm the one who took switched ZID to IND as at the time I'm only able to run one at a time.  If you'd like to donate equipment or money for equipment, I'd love to get a few Indy area feeds up.   In the meantime, I'm renovating my house, meaning that I'm moving the machines I use to run my feeds constantly to put up carpet and put down flooring and paint etc etc. 

This thread did give me some motivation to get some work done though and I spent today, one of my days off, working on a room where I can set my machine back up and get ZID up again for now.  Please just no one go crazy if it goes down at times.  I am trying.

There seem to be plenty of people asking about IND too...one of these days I'll get up both up again.

On a side note, I'm a big fan of the enroute feeds too.  Especially love the ZID sector that vectors ORD arrivals coming in from the south, particuarly when there's lots of traffic and weather involved.

Matt

Offline Fryy/Avocadoflight

• CalAggieFlyers
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 08:03:18 PM »
I noticed the ZOA feed has been down quite awhile. At night i'll usually have ZOA SECTOR 32 (132.95/269.1), SECTOR 42 (132.2/350.3), SECTOR 44 (127.95/316.1), Sector 41 (125.85/323.0) up on the KSUU feed if anyone's interested in listening.

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 09:27:57 AM »
If you guys woiuld want to keep checking there is a website called DXTUNERS. There are no open enrollments yet but there may be in the future so keep checking. I belong to it and there is a Champaign Ill radio that you can tune in on and it gets a good Majority of ZID/ZAU/ZKC/and some ZME frequencies as well with CLE ARTCC. Really good site

Offline hawker53

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 08:52:46 PM »
indytower,

What does it cost you per month to run the feed?  Indy center was a great one, by the way.  Of all the center feeds so far, it was the best, IMO.  What kind of equipment and what does it cost?  I am trying to get a feed up off of KORK with ZME 132.425/323.250 and 125.475.  Good luck with the renovation...that's tough work.   I can see why it would be difficult to run both IND and Indy Center feeds at the same time.  Very busy on the center as I recall.

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 12:14:05 AM »
The cost of running a feed monthly is nominal, I was just referring to the cost of obtaining more equipment (ie sound cards and extra scanners) to eventually split up the feeds and run a few ZID feeds and one or two IND feeds.  I shouldn't have gone off about that, I just took your post the wrong way and shouldn't have.

Either way, I'll send you a personal message later in the week.  Thanks for the compliments about the ZID feed...I have it back up again for now.

Offline dutchmil

• http://www.dutchmil.nl/CE2007
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 06:47:04 PM »
Good evening all,

I am a big fan of center feeds aswell, and I would replace my EHAM feed with a center feed
anytime if there was enough interest. But I think most people here like to listen to APP and
TWR feeds instead.

My favourite center feed is the Boston center High Atlantic feed, it is up almost 24/7 I think.
Thanks to the feeder providing this one.

Regards,

René.
Live ATC feed from the Netherlands
http://audio.liveatc.net:8012/eham.m3u