Author Topic: Can you assist a newbie? REF: listening to live ATC  (Read 9972 times)

Offline Diagnostic

Can you assist a newbie? REF: listening to live ATC
« on: March 30, 2005, 12:41:46 PM »
Hi all!
Say, I am new to this site. Larned about it from a file I downloaded at AVSIM.COM.
   Anyways, my question is regarding a poblem I'm having. It seems that when I click LISTEN to hear live ATC, like the link to JFK for example, one of my media players pops up. In my case, its MUSIC MATCH JUKE BOX. Then it just sits there.
    I dont get any sound from LIVE ATC, and am wondering what I can do to actually hear the (stream?)
   Anyone know what they are talking about...please feel free to advise. I could sure use it.
  Thanks   :D

Offline Jane G

Re: Can you assist a newbie? REF: listening to live ATC
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 09:57:39 PM »
Quote from: Diagnostic
Hi all!
Say, I am new to this site. Larned about it from a file I downloaded at AVSIM.COM.
   Anyways, my question is regarding a poblem I'm having. It seems that when I click LISTEN to hear live ATC, like the link to JFK for example, one of my media players pops up. In my case, its MUSIC MATCH JUKE BOX. Then it just sits there.
    I dont get any sound from LIVE ATC, and am wondering what I can do to actually hear the (stream?)
   Anyone know what they are talking about...please feel free to advise. I could sure use it.
  Thanks   :D

Hello,

Can you bypass "MUSIC MATCH JUKE BOX" altogether?

Try pasting the URL directly into MS Windows Media Player if you have it. I am no IT tech-head so this is just a suggestion.

Jane G

Offline Hopkins

Re: Using WMP
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 12:41:20 AM »
More specifically, if you can open Windows Media Player, press CTRL-U to bring up the URL box.  In there you should be able to paste a URL from this site (e.g. http://audio.liveatc.net:8012/cleveland.m3u)

Offline Diagnostic

Can you assist a newbie? REF: listening to live ATC
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 02:46:06 PM »
Thanks Jane G / Hopkins / Dave Pasco !
  I got it working. I did bypass Music Juke Box and opted for Media 10. I also learned that sometimes it takes a bit for the stream to kick in. I think I forgot about that for a bit.
   Anyways, thanks again! :D

Offline Jonathan_tcu

My live ATC monitoring methods
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 12:29:30 PM »
Hi there.  I have a new eMac and monitor ATC via iTunes.  I only listen to Toronto since I know the area to a certain degree.  I also monitor ATC HI from Montreal and its north sub-units.  I also get a chance to listen to Toronto ATC for Timmins-Cobalt-Moose during the weekdays and the center combines North bay/Sudbury in a shuffle with the rest of the north on evenings and weekends.