Air Traffic Monitoring > Listener Forum

Can a frequency be added to one of the ZOA feeds?

(1/4) > >>

777lrf:
Possibly ZOA 35, even if you can only hear the controller, or the airplanes, 134.55 is a center frequency that many aircraft coming south into the Bay Area use after having a hand off from ZLA. This would be great to have, almost complete coverage of California in the future. Thanks.

JetScan1:

--- Quote ---Can a frequency be added to one of the ZOA feeds?
--- End quote ---

If it's possible, it would probably be best to add 134.550 to the "ZOA Oakland Center (11)" feed. Currently that feed is only monitoring 133.70 and is not that busy. I think it would also work if 127.450 was added to this feed as well, this is the sector above 133.70 that is not covered on LiveATC either. I think the 3 frequencies, 134.550, 133.700, 127.450, would work well on one radio and would complete coverage of that SW corner of ZOA (see attached map).

As 133.700 is already covered on the "ZOA Oakland Center (11)" feed, it would help if 133.700 was removed from the "ZOA Oakland Center (Fresno)" feed as it's overloaded with too many frequencies as it is, would help with frequency congestion on that radio.

Also it sounds like there is a priority mode set on the "ZOA Oakland Center (Fresno)" feed, any chance they can turn that off ? Very annoying as it keeps cutting out all transmissions every few seconds.

My 2 cents.

JS

dave:
We will try to accommodate these requests as best we can.

dave:
The zoa_11 feed now includes Sectors 13 and 14 as well as 11.

JetScan1:

--- Quote ---The zoa_11 feed now includes Sectors 13 and 14 as well as 11.
--- End quote ---

Thanks for doing that dave ! From what I have heard so far it sounds pretty good. Not too congested and good reception.

For sector coverage, as 133.70 is already covered on this feed any chance you can remove it from the Fresno feed and replace it with 121.250, ZOA22 the low sector north of Fresno, and also add 127.500 and 126.550, the "Joshua" frequencys for the High Desert TRACON to the east of Fresno ? (And get the priority function turned off).

JS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version