Author Topic: Burbank Feed  (Read 7723 times)

Offline bwells

Burbank Feed
« on: September 21, 2007, 10:25:58 AM »
Hello All,

I was wondering what are the chances of adding VNY to the Burbank feed there is alot of bizjets operating out of that airport.

Brett

Offline LAPTOP GAMER

Re: Burbank Feed
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 11:12:27 AM »
That would be a cool feed, but I live in Santa Clarita and would be unable to help.

Offline tyketto

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 03:36:12 PM »
That would be a cool feed, but I live in Santa Clarita and would be unable to help.

Not to hijack the thread, but if you live in Santa Clarita, how far are you from ZLA Center? Perhaps a feed of that may be something to think about.

BL.

Offline Unbeliever

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 06:24:59 PM »
The feeder used to have VNY on the scanner (He's my instrument flight instructor). I don't recall mentioning him removing VNY from the scanner. 

Someone requested VNY before, and I mentioned it to him and he mentioned he never took them off.  But there is a (small) mountain between him and VNY.

I feed EMT, and tried to pick up VNY, but I can't even pick up BUR since the Verdugo Hills are between me and both VNY and BUR.

I will ask him about VNY at my next lesson with him.

--Carlos V.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 04:57:43 PM »
Carlos-

Good luck on your Instrument Rating - it is by far the toughest rating to get, possibly besides the CFI initial and the ATP.  Use it wisely and safely!

Dave

Offline LAPTOP GAMER

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 05:04:57 PM »

Not to hijack the thread, but if you live in Santa Clarita, how far are you from ZLA Center? Perhaps a feed of that may be something to think about.

BL.

I can hear aircraft no problem, but because I am in  a Vally I can't hear center, I wish I could.

Offline Unbeliever

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 02:35:49 PM »
The feeder has removed VNY from his BUR scanner, and he has another scanner bought for another feed, but he still needs to buy some more equipment for it.

--Carlos V.

Offline LAPTOP GAMER

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 11:40:20 PM »
I wish I lived in a more signal friendly area as I would love to provide a feed, but aside from selling my house and moving there is nothing I can do.

Offline areeda

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 12:39:47 PM »
The feeder has removed VNY from his BUR scanner, and he has another scanner bought for another feed, but he still needs to buy some more equipment for it.

--Carlos V.

Sorry for the delay, I don't get into these forums very often

I took VNY off the Burbank feed because of threads saying it was too hard to follow a conversation.  Yes the delay feature of the scanner is enabled.  Also the feed is listed in the index as Burbank only.

I have another scanner, another audio in on the server but still need a good antenna splitter.  Hopefully I'll get around to it in the next few weeks.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Joe

ps.  Carlos is about half way to his IR with a good chance of getting it in minimum hours.  I hope that doesn't jinx his chances.

Offline LAPTOP GAMER

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 08:54:15 PM »
This is so cool how we are getting SOCAL covered.