airtraffic

Author Topic: Boston Tower Visit  (Read 14030 times)

Offline Michael Roche

Boston Tower Visit
« on: February 22, 2008, 08:55:43 PM »
Hey all,

A good friend of mine will be visiting the Boston Tower cab tomorrow evening. He asked me if I had any questions for him to ask and I thought of this. He's too lazy to create an account, so he asked me to post it for him. Anyone want any questions answered by the BOS guys, just post em here before tomorrow evening.

RE
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 09:09:17 PM by Michael Roche »

Offline kaktak1

Re: Boston Tower Visit
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 10:27:36 PM »
Take Pictures if he can.  I would like to see what it is like up there.

Offline KASWspotter

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 12:03:46 AM »
Tell him to have Boston John pop in here and say hi.

Offline jamall02864

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 09:40:52 PM »
Wow i would love to get up there. Im sure we would all love some pictures.

the outehr thing is that you may want to be careful about telling him about the "Fan club" that has grown on here. I know we have discussed this in the past. as much as i would love to let him know, if i were in his shoes and i found out i had an "Internet fan club" i might be creeped out.

here is a link to the past discussion.
http://www.liveatc.net/forums/index.php/topic,2948.msg16489.html#msg16489

Offline KASWspotter

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 12:17:02 AM »
I agree but if it were approached in the right way it wouldnt be creepy at all. Simple as saying that there is an ATC site that would love input or a response from a popular feed by a controller that works on said feed. To me thats not creepy at all. But I do see where there is a need to respect ones privacy. Im not sayin to hound the guy. Just simply tell him about the site and that people would love to hear from someone that they hear on the feeds. No more no less. If he agrees then cool. If not then hey no problem thanks for your time.

Offline Michael Roche

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 12:22:57 PM »
Unfortunately, Boston John was not working at the time. However, my friend was invited back for another visit and is now friends with one of the supes there, so we will see what happens.

Also, when he was speaking with the supe, the topic of LiveATC.net came up. Apparently, many of the controllers use the site to listen to ATC. Generally not to themselves, as that would be weird, but for example if they're about to go to a different facility, they might use it to get an idea of what goes on over there.

He got some pics, but since it was dark out and he couldn't use flash, they aren't very clear. I'll see if there's any that are good enough to post up.

RE

Offline jamall02864

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 07:25:46 PM »
thanks for the update. i completely agree with you and i am excited to hear that even they get on here.

even if the pics are not the best i would love to take a look.

Offline NWA ARJ

• Private Pilot, Control Tower Operator
    • UND Air Traffic Control
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 10:58:54 PM »
I am a controller, and I listen to feeds on here all of the time, I usually try to listen to feeds where I have friends working at, so when I hear them screw up....I give them shit. Just kidding on that one, but I do like to hear my buddies at other facilities.

Offline redwood

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 07:55:32 AM »
I am a controller at BOS, and John already knows about his fan club on this site.  It would take a lot more than that to creep him out.

Offline KASWspotter

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 09:11:20 AM »
Hey Redwood. Welcome to the site and you guys keep up the good work you guys do in BOS.

Offline redwood

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 11:28:09 AM »
Have been lurking unregistered for a while decided I felt like typing today.  Do you fly in and out of the airspace often?

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 02:29:27 PM »
Have been lurking unregistered for a while decided I felt like typing today.  Do you fly in and out of the airspace often?

I fly into Logan once every few months under the "Angel Flight" callsign (the only way - given those crazy fees at Signature there).  Several years ago I would fly Angel Flights into BOS in a C172S and understandably bum out the controllers working me (box patterns were common), but these days its a Bonanza that bums them out.  :)

Before he was discussed here I had the pleasure of being controlled by John and his friendliness was enjoyable.    However, you all there do an incredible job from my vantage point.  Thanks for all your hard work under very busy conditions and even being pleasant to us little guys.  In return I will do my best to maintain 150 kts to the marker, winds aloft notwithstanding.   :) 

Offline msk1172

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 04:57:47 AM »
Do you fly in and out of the airspace often?

If you work Skyways.. I fly metro 84/85 (traffic reporting out of KBED) fairly often.  Usual bravo clearance from Blue Hills to the Braintree split, yadda yadda.. I'm sure you're familiar.  I'd love to get a better understanding of how the Skyways system works.  Kinda sucks when it's combined with local and you can't get a word in. 

Mike

Offline redwood

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 06:46:09 AM »
I am familiar and I feel your pain.  I'll try and answer questions by there are a lot of variables.

Offline Teller1900

• Journey in Flight
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 03:40:21 PM »
Hey redwood, what position do you work?  I've probably talked to you quite a bit, actually, coming and going from RKD/AUG.

Offline redwood

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 11:56:29 AM »
I work them all, if that was you sorry for the go yesterday.

Offline Teller1900

• Journey in Flight
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 01:05:53 AM »
I work them all, if that was you sorry for the go yesterday.

No, wasn't me...so no worries :).  I hadn't heard about it either, so I'm guessing whoever it was wasn't too worried.  I'm the guy that usually elongates "Booooss Tower/Gnd/etc" on initial callup.