Author Topic: Birmingham intl EGGB?  (Read 30488 times)

Offline 767jason300

Birmingham intl EGGB?
« on: April 09, 2007, 02:46:15 PM »
Hi, new here. Currently listening to Dublin ATC...a few funny comments i heard eairlier kept me on this frequency lol

ummm i was wondering if you guys know where i can get this sorta live atc feed for birmingham intl (EGGB)?

because i live literally 30 secs from there and yet the closest airport i can get is dublin....

Offline JETSET843D

Re: Birmingham intl EGGB?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 03:21:15 PM »
I believe the laws in the UK are suprisingly stringent, there is a thread regarding this somewhere on the forums.

When i'm in the UK i live near to Manchester International EGCC - It kinda would be nice to listen to tower and approach!!

Regards

James

Online tyketto

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 03:32:55 PM »
Already been asked here a number of times. A simple search of the forum for UK ATC reveals quite a bit, especially:

http://www.liveatc.net/forums/index.php/topic,1573.0.html
http://www.liveatc.net/forums/index.php/topic,320.msg1266.html#msg1266

The only thing you guys can do about it is lobby your boys in Parliament to change the law:

http://www.liveatc.net/forums/index.php/topic,2812.0.html

Otherwise it will continue to be illegal in the UK, and you will never see a feed for it here.

This definitely is a FAQ now.

BL.

Offline 767jason300

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 03:41:53 PM »
i seen the last link eairlier......

hmmmm well thats a massive slap in the face for me! my mom was saying that it's illeagle ect..........so all i can get is dublin and the rest of the world?............great lol

thanks anyway

Offline JETSET843D

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 04:20:34 PM »
Just one suggestion for you buddy,

If you live pretty close to EGBB, why not purchase an airband reciever - depending on your proximity you may well be able to listen to approach and tower and maybe even ground?? If not you could listen to Manchester and London control.

Regards

James

Offline 767jason300

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 04:34:10 PM »
could you recomend me a airband reciever? or something that works like it so i can listen to eggb tower? and how much do they cost?

btw i just heard on the dublin frequency that there is something running around on the apron! lol tower asked someone to check it out lol

Offline JETSET843D

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 05:29:13 PM »
It depends on a number of factors my friend. It is dependent on distance from the airfield as well as the topography.

I would recommend have a look at some of the pilot shops online an basically just shop around. I have an Icom reciever they are the most expensive and the quality is awesome. BTW When in the UK I listen to EGCC TNT/HON sector:-) As well as Drayton.

Regards

James

Offline Casper87

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 11:15:24 AM »
Jason....

go on to www.transair.co.uk, its got a range of airband recievers for sale on there.
The cheapest being about £30 I think.
Also from where you are you should be able to pick up Coventry, NEMA and the Daventry sector at West Drayton.

Chris 8-)

Offline Lincolnshireblue

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 04:21:00 PM »
I used to live about 4 miles from LGW and had a cheap airband radio.  I could hear all transmissions including ground/clearance delivery with that.

Jackie

Offline Petercottle

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2007, 04:36:29 PM »
Hi everyone,
I am new to Airband and live three miles from Birmingham UK. I recently bought a commtell 102 programmable scanner. It worked fine, however I took the batteries out and it has lost it's channels. I know it is an old bit of kit and it did not have an instruction manual and I am stuck on re-programming it.
Can any one help or advise me?
Regards Peter