Author Topic: Audio of Boeing 737-8 MAX being turned around?  (Read 3139 times)

Offline dannews

Audio of Boeing 737-8 MAX being turned around?
« on: March 14, 2019, 05:06:27 PM »
Does anyone know if there's any audio of a MAX8 being turned around when the bans came into place?
Would be interesting to hear how the conversation went down.

Offline Fryy/Avocadoflight

• CalAggieFlyers
Re: Audio of Boeing 737-8 MAX being turned around?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 06:12:07 PM »
My guess is most of it was through ACARS. But I'm sure there's probably some chatter somewhere.

Offline tyketto

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 06:15:06 PM »

Not sure. Yesterday, both before and after the FAA grounded them, FlightAware showed a lot of Canadian B38Ms flying through the ADIZ, either from Mexico heading up to Canada, flying in Canadian airspace to land at various airports, and a couple of SWA flights still in the air. None were diverted.

BL.

Offline RonR

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 08:47:07 PM »
I thought I read or heard somewhere that after the grounding went into effect that they continued to their final destinations.  If that's true, then probably nothing out of the ordinary audio-wise...

Ron

Offline KB4TEZ

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 10:45:09 AM »
tyketto tracked those still in the air, heard no related audio that I was able to look for.  but those that were in the air, were still allowed to get to their final filed destinations.

Under the emergency order, all Boeing 787 Max 8 that are already in the air will be grounded after arriving at their destinations.
John

Offline tyketto

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 12:31:15 PM »
tyketto tracked those still in the air, heard no related audio that I was able to look for.  but those that were in the air, were still allowed to get to their final filed destinations.

Under the emergency order, all Boeing 787 Max 8 that are already in the air will be grounded after arriving at their destinations.
John

However, it doesn't explain the WJA and SWG flights, as Canada had already banned and grounded them a day before the US did, and the WJA and SWG flights were still operated. They were revenue-based flights and not anything for repositioning, so there isn't any real explanation for why they still flew the day after. Regardless, they all landed safely, so nothing is out of the ordinary.

BL.