airtraffic

Author Topic: Does Real Player work with LiveATC?  (Read 7115 times)

Offline stealth71

Does Real Player work with LiveATC?
« on: October 04, 2005, 07:45:03 PM »
I tried mine last night and it wouldn't work when pasting the URL into the player. Our flight instructor at work also tried Real and had a sililar problem. I use Windoes Media Player or Win Amp, but I'm just curious if Real has any known issues with ATC.

Offline nfredrich

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 12:44:19 AM »
When I listen to multiple feeds at once the only way I have found to do it was using realplayer and WMP. Real player works for me.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 05:33:46 AM »
Make sure you're using a relatively recent version of Real Player.  It works fine.  You need to use the .m3u extension when opening the feed if you're opening a feed manually with File->Open.  If you have Real configured as your default media player (which in my opinion is a horrific thought) then opening the feeds from the feed listing page by clicking on Listen should work fine.  If all else fails, use Winamp as your default audio player...it and iTunes are the only ones that seem to support text tags anyway, even though we only have a couple of feeds with text tags (HF Atlantic #1 and Boston Center).  You never know when more might be added.

Dave

Offline MSN ATC

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 04:41:11 PM »
I use RealOne Player version 9 for Mac OSX and have never had any trouble,

Offline Jonathan_tcu

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 04:43:09 PM »
I WAS using iTunes, then IT failed on me, not only with ATC, but worldwid radio stations.  So I use Real Audio.  The feeds are sustained for long periods of time and WILL rebuffer should the connection fail.  Real Audio is much better and I use an eMac 10.3.9

Offline stealth71

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 06:48:27 PM »
Hmmm. I'll try it again then.