Author Topic: ATCSimulator 2  (Read 27560 times)

Offline Neil

ATCSimulator 2
« on: August 05, 2005, 05:51:42 PM »
Does anyboy have this? Is it worth getting? How well does the voice recognition work?

Offline PHL Approach

ATCSimulator 2
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 06:31:33 PM »
I don't think it's that great of a program. It's nice as a vectoring tool, but other than that, it's not realistic. I keep waiting for Xavius's ATCC v2.0. But who knows how much longer. If your interested you might want to join Vatsim, which isnt a simulator. But it's an FS based Air Traffic Control Network. We have some great radar software called ASRC (Advanced Simulation Radar Client) which is mainly based of the real world DSR system that the US ARTCC's use. And there is an option for ARTS. Which is an older Terminal radar system that is still used but many systems will be replaced by STARS. Jason (HPNPilot1200) or I could provide more information if your interested.

Offline IndyTower

ATCSimulator 2
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 02:52:17 AM »
I have it.  It's decent at best.  For the most realism, you have to select a timeframe late at night for an airport that's not too busy.  Otherwise, it will throw tons of traffic at you. It's unrealistic that a controller would have to work that many aircraft at once.

If it were set up so you were only working one sector of a TRACON it'd be great....and much more realistic.  I don't have it set up for voice recognition, but a friend of mine does.  I'll watch him using it sometimes and he'll often have to repeat clearances and you have to speak very clearly and slowly.  So, for what it's made for when it comes to voice recognition it's good, but you'd never talk to aircraft that way in real life.  But the fact that you actually can talk to aircraft is a good aspect.  

If there was some way to just work part of a TRACONs airspace, it'd be great.  But you have to use the lowest levels to be close to a traffic level that's realistic.  VATSIM is probably your best bet.  I haven't gotten into it yet, but a friend from the message board is moving here to Purdue and it looks like he'll have me hooked very soon. ;)

Offline Neil

ATCSimulator 2
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 10:54:04 PM »
Hey thanks PHL...just down the road from me!  :lol:

VATSIM doesnt run for flight sim 2004 yet?

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
ATCSimulator 2
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 11:08:10 PM »
Quote from: Neil
Hey thanks PHL...just down the road from me!  :lol:

VATSIM doesnt run for flight sim 2004 yet?

Sure it does  :lol:

Offline Neil

ATCSimulator 2
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 01:31:50 AM »
i got all hooked up and went in there tonite, got it connected, but i couldnt find any controllers.... :roll: