airtraffic

Author Topic: ATC sector east of cape cod and nantucket due south of Halifax  (Read 45866 times)

Offline blacktop

Re: ATC sector east of cape cod and nantucket due south of Halifax
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2019, 02:42:59 PM »
I listen somewhat regularly to the CYQI1 feed which has the high-levels on it. They are back working better than they have for some time. Admittedly, I haven't listened for a couple of days, so I can't speak to that time frame. Whatever you did Shane seems to have improved reception considerable, especially for the controllers come off of Wellington.

Offline shanestrong

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2019, 11:29:18 AM »
Hey Blacktop hope all is good I remounted the ant with a Aluminium pipe as the pvc one died in the hurricane second there was a loose part I tightened up not sure if that was prev or caused by wind. 
the big fix I think was I used these https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07X2DB8YN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and redid the cable connection
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0792XGRDW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
instead of my old soldering attempt with the cable direct to the pl-259  If I had to get paid for my soldering I would starve

Offline 13ifs40

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2019, 02:14:32 PM »
Good Afternoon

I just want to give a heads up that there is no sounds on the YQI/CZQM CTAF/FIC/Center - Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada Feed.     I have been listening mid day the last 3 days and when aircraft are told to contact Freqs that are cover on this feed there is no voice

thanks for you service

13ifs40

Offline BoxhillBob

« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2019, 10:25:32 AM »
Hi Shane

I know you have put a lot of effort into get you feeds going but there still seems to be a problem

I have been listening to CYQI/CZQM CTAF/FIC/Centre, CYQI1 and CYQI2 for about 2 weeks on and off at all time of the day and what is received is very limited If you turn the sound all the way up you can just hear high level traffic calling up and odd aircraft that must be very close to your receiver I have done the same as 13ifs40 and heard aircraft transfer to 123.9 from CYQM Moncton 132.500/132.200 but can hear them on CYQI2

Also did you get any were with that AR20 feed?

Bob

Offline blacktop

Re: ATC sector east of Cape Cod and Nantucket due south of Halifax
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2019, 01:26:53 PM »
I don't really want to speak for Shane, but if all goes well, we're going to re-do the site this week (new antenna, feedline, possibly an aero pre-amp and low noise distribution amp, etc). Plans are to separate high level / low level / FIC / Moncton ATC (Halifax) /Yarmouth Airport. The longer-range stuff (high level, low level) will be on scanners with the more local stuff going on SDRs.

We're hoping to put up an AR20 feed as well, but that is likely to be on Zello at a minimum. I'll discuss with Dave re: putting it on LiveATC.

Offline BoxhillBob

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2019, 06:59:48 PM »
Hi Blacktop
Thanks for the updated and hard work will wait in Anticipation
Bob

Offline shanestrong

« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2019, 07:56:44 PM »
Hey Guys Thanks for Blacktop hard work we will have it all going for you soon I work shift work or else we would of done it today  hope we get it done before the end of next weekend  as per what he said that's what we hope to do :)

Offline shanestrong

« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2019, 03:32:19 PM »
Hey Guys, a Special thanks for Blacktop bringing down a bunch of Equipment today we did the install I will let him explain what we did. Over the next while the scanners will be tweaked, but you should be to hear the new quality as of now.  Once Dave and Blacktop get on and do some testing with what we can do. Thanks Blacktop again and enjoy the feed.
Shane

Offline blacktop

« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2019, 07:38:58 PM »
The feed currently on the website as CYQI1 is hosting 135.200, 128.375, & 132.975 Moncton high level traffic only
The feed currently on the website is CYQI2 is hosting 123.900 Moncton low level traffic only

There will be some additional feeds, but we'll need to do some configuring and audio level checks first.

Meanwhile CYQI1 & CYQI2 are working okay.

Offline BoxhillBob

« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2019, 04:21:08 AM »
Shane and Blacktop
Thanks for your efforts the reception on all the CYQI are now great :-D :-D :-D

Any new on the AR20 feed?

Bob

Offline shanestrong

« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2019, 01:19:42 PM »
update we are still waiting for dave to do some level adjustments and stuff when he has more time,  as for the AR20 feed we are testing it in private and getting very good results so far
shane

Offline shanestrong

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2019, 11:00:53 PM »
BoxhillBob blacktop has sent you a private message :)