Air Traffic Monitoring > Listener Forum

ATC Recording in Germany

(1/2) > >>

Swang007:
I was just wondering why it is against the law in Germany to record or listen to ATC communication? I can't find anything about it on the web, just the same law that prohibits listening to ATC.

Kmo2486:
Not sure why it's against law but Germany isn't the only country with this law it seems to be a few have same law UK and Spain included which is annoying as I'm in uk and the only other country I've flown to is Spain. So can't listen to anywhere I've been.

dave:
This may be a start to help answer your question:
<https://www.change.org/p/deutscher-bundestag-%C3%A4nderung-des-fernmeldegeheimnisses?utm_campaign=petition_created&utm_medium=email&utm_source=guides>

From there you will likely have to follow more law documents and/or contact someone at Bundesnetzagentur (BNetzA) and ask why they still have this World War II-era law for no good reason...and don't provide reasonable exclusions for educational activities like listening to ATC.

sorrygottarunway:
People could just set up feeds and I bet no one would care.

777lrf:

--- Quote from: sorrygottarunway on April 01, 2016, 12:34:55 AM ---People could just set up feeds and I bet no one would care.

--- End quote ---

And open up this service to criminal filings!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version