Author Topic: ATC Audio Archives Time Difference ?  (Read 5705 times)

Offline victorash

ATC Audio Archives Time Difference ?
« on: March 10, 2006, 11:05:13 PM »
Ok this may seem like a silly question, but Im new to this so please be understanding with what may seem a dumb question ! In regards to the Audio Archives What does the term EST refer to ? If I want to hear a file with local content ( Perth Western Australia ) eg 1am local time what time is it listed in the Archives ? Do I need to add/subtract the time difference between
Australia and United States ?

Thanks  :lol:

Offline sean

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 12:38:57 AM »
EST is Eastern Standard Time...  You're on Western Standard Time (I believe)  so you'll have to subtract 13 hours from your local time to figure out what time the archive is that you're looking for.

Sean

Offline Tomato

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 10:07:55 AM »
Just another note... Eastern Standard Time is -7 or -8 hours from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), or UMT, or "Zulu" time.  So, you add the time back to get the time in Zulu, and then add your time zone on top of it.  It's a little confusing, and tedious if you ask me, but you get used to it after a while...

...atleast until daylight savings kicks in and you deal with time zones you're completely unfamiliar with.  :D

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 10:19:17 AM »
Quote from: Tomato
Just another note... Eastern Standard Time is -7 or -8 hours from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), or UMT, or "Zulu" time.  So, you add the time back to get the time in Zulu, and then add your time zone on top of it.  It's a little confusing, and tedious if you ask me, but you get used to it after a while...

...atleast until daylight savings kicks in and you deal with time zones you're completely unfamiliar with.  :D

EST is actually -5 from GMT.  ..and yes, DST screws everything up :lol:

Jason