airtraffic

Author Topic: Archives not updating for a few days  (Read 11993 times)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Archives not updating for a few days
« on: July 28, 2006, 11:50:43 AM »
The archives are currently down (not updating) due to server load issues.  The helper who is going to install the new archive server has been out of the country and just returned.  We hope to have the new archive server online some time early next week, if not this weekend.

Sorry for the interruption in service but once we migrate to the new server things will be a lot better.

Thanks,
Dave
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 08:23:08 PM by Jason »

Offline KSYR-pjr

Re: Archives not updating for a few days
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 09:59:29 AM »
Looking forward it!   

Thank you for your hard work, especially over a valuable, dwindling, Northeast US summer week-end.   I would suspect that I am speaking for more than myself when I say that it is very much appreciated.

Offline ngreed

• Detroit Spotters
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 05:56:26 PM »
Thanks again Dave, for all that you, and the Live ATC Team do to keep this service running!!

Offline jato

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 08:23:55 PM »
It's too bad that the archives are down... I was gonna pull out something that went wrong today on the approach to YYZ. I can't wait for the new server to be up and running... Other than that, great work=great website!!!

JATO

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 07:39:08 AM »
UPDATE...my helper on the ground in California was not able to get to the data center this week, but it looks like he can get there next week.  I'm not sure what day, however.

The archives will be back one that new server is in!

Thanks for your patience.

Dave

Offline Fred Clausen

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 12:44:57 AM »
Its us who should be thanking you Dave :)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 09:10:14 AM »
Quick update...with luck, the new archive server will be up and running this evening.

Dave

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 09:39:55 AM »
Quick update...with luck, the new archive server will be up and running this evening.

So... ??  Was there luck last night?  :)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 09:59:12 AM »

So... ??  Was there luck last night?  :)

No, my helper could not make it over the hill to the colo.  Now it looks like Wednesday or Thursday.  :-)

-dave

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 08:35:22 PM »
UPDATE!

The new archive server is in and it's been recording most of the way.  The archives *should* be accessible by late tonight or tomorrow morning.  I have to make some modifications to the scripts that provide access.  Once that is working again, expect some new features like availability of archived blocks of time, etc.  That may take another week to get developed and tested.

Hang in there.

Dave

Offline Scrapper

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006, 07:02:06 PM »
thanks dave... the fact that we can actually go back and listen to intersting stuff that's already happened is a feature i'm sure more than just myself really appreciate...
I got another question for you, I've been gone for six months (I was deployed) and noticed that your format has changed quite a bit (for the better by the way... i love the new layout... i've been reading the posts while i was gone but didn't have the ability from where i was to login and post my own replies...). I got two questions about this... the first is that it looks like you guys now have different levels of membership, ie. newbie, hero, etc. how do these get updated? is it how long you've been a member, or how many posts you put in to forums or what? because i'm embarassed by my average number of daily posts, not having written a single post for six months! hehe...
also (and this one is going to seem really silly) I can't seem to find where to update your membership info (ie. what you do in the world, etc.)

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 07:42:28 PM »
I got two questions about this... the first is that it looks like you guys now have different levels of membership, ie. newbie, hero, etc. how do these get updated? is it how long you've been a member, or how many posts you put in to forums or what?

As far as I can tell, these labels are tied to the total number of posts one submits to the discussion forums.  All access is still free and I don't believe there are any additional benefits from having a higher "status" label, at least for those of us who are not system or forum admins.  ;)

I can't seem to find where to update your membership info (ie. what you do in the world, etc.)

Are you referring to profile information?

http://www.liveatc.net/forums/index.php?action=profile

There should be a tab at the top of the board software that takes you to the above link.  On the left side of the page once there you should see "Forum Profile Information."  Is this what you mean?