airtraffic

Author Topic: Laser at KBUF  (Read 3763 times)

Offline dska22

Laser at KBUF
« on: September 19, 2009, 11:57:47 AM »
http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=70362&catid=13

Does anyone know the time for this? The local news sources all disagree with each other on this. Nonetheless, I'm impressed that WGRZ cited liveatc.net.

Offline bogman

Re: Laser at KBUF
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 05:39:47 AM »
This has happened a few times in EIDW,I heard it happen a few weeks ago.The controller tried to get as much information from the pilot ,the altitude they were at,from what direction it came from,things like that,but no one was caught for ,well i didn't hear any reports on it in the media anyway.

I suppose it is quite common but goes unreported unless some one is caught.Goes to show how reckless people can be,you can understand kids they dint understand the full implications but adults that is a different story.

Offline marcoleon

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 12:28:40 PM »
I actually had someone shine a laser into my airplane while on a flight in Connecticut. I circled around to where he was and saved the location on my GPS. I relayed that info to the controller and to the FBI as well. I have not heard anything since and that was well over a year ago.

Offline dan9125

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 04:21:24 PM »
I posted the some of the comms in the audio clip section of this forum. Its pretty interesting.
  Dan