airtraffic

Author Topic: Any news on the KJFK feeds?  (Read 13869 times)

s2vKJFK

Any news on the KJFK feeds?
« on: April 19, 2006, 08:45:21 PM »
Just wondering if anyone had an update on when the KJFK feeds will be back up?

I miss them :(

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 06:38:22 AM »
At least 'til April 23.  The feeder is out of town and the person watching his house hasn't gone in to reboot again.

I will be pulling the JFK equipment out of service by the end of the month and fixing or replacing the PC.  I also may be looking for a new feed site due to radio interference issues.

If anyone knows a good site near JFK please contact me privately.

Dave

Offline cb747

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 05:53:08 PM »
Hey Dave long time! I could take the feeds back if we can get me a decent antenna. I have a spare computer floating around too. Maybe run the LGA feed too like last time as well? Let me know! My internet problems seems to have cleared up so i think my connection is alot more stable than it was.
                Chris

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 10:30:11 PM »
Sorry about this guys...

I had to leave home about 2 weeks ago, while I was 97% done with the feed, it managed to go down. I am sitting here banging my head, I feel really bad that it went down and you guys cant listen to it.

Rest assured, the minute I walk inside the door, drop my things, I am going to the shed getting on the ladder and making sure everything is 100%

I am making a commitment, that the new JFK feed will not go down any more . I am not planning on going away anymore, and hopefully the feed wont either  8)

The feed should be up this sunday at around 1 o clock eastern, and you can enjoy it then. Sorry again  :(

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 10:56:18 PM »
Quote from: cb747
Hey Dave long time! I could take the feeds back if we can get me a decent antenna. I have a spare computer floating around too. Maybe run the LGA feed too like last time as well? Let me know! My internet problems seems to have cleared up so i think my connection is alot more stable than it was.
                Chris

Chris-

If we can get a ladder truck again like last time I would love to get the feeds back there.  Thanks for offering again.  The current site has had some stability problems, mainly network related.  But the computer has been acting up as well and I am just too far away to diagnose it.

I am planning a trip down there in the next couple of weeks.  The feeder will be back there on 4/23 - it should come back up on that day.  Hopefully he can just keep rebooting it for now, until I can get to NY.

I can bring an antenna...just a matter of getting on the roof.  

Hope all is well.

Dave

Offline cb747

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 04:30:02 PM »
Dave getting the bucket truck is not a problem :) If we can get the antenna here i can have it up and waiting. The antenna thats up there now is facing the wrong direction..... Plus as we know now its not so good.
  Ill be out of town the 27th thru May 2nd. PM or email me your number again and ill give you a ring over the weekend and we can figure things out. I have a spare PC here doing nothing. I can probably scrounge up a few sound cards too.
                        Chris

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 04:56:16 PM »
Dave getting the bucket truck is not a problem :) If we can get the antenna here i can have it up and waiting. The antenna thats up there now is facing the wrong direction..... Plus as we know now its not so good.
  Ill be out of town the 27th thru May 2nd. PM or email me your number again and ill give you a ring over the weekend and we can figure things out. I have a spare PC here doing nothing. I can probably scrounge up a few sound cards too.
                        Chris

You live right near LGA?

Offline cb747

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 11:56:04 PM »
Actually no i live in Williston Park. You might have been to my house to pick up the equipment assuming your the guy that took the feeds over after me? If you drew a triangle im pretty much between JFK and LGA.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2006, 05:22:49 AM »
He has a different feed, Chris.  The guy who has my equipment is a different guy.

I'll email you privately.

Dave

Offline cb747

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 04:18:30 PM »
Sounds good Dave.

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2006, 08:56:36 PM »
Actually no i live in Williston Park. You might have been to my house to pick up the equipment assuming your the guy that took the feeds over after me? If you drew a triangle im pretty much between JFK and LGA.

Nope, I bought all my equipment  8)  8)  8)

Also, it looks like your pretty far from LGA. How do you pick up the feed that far away?

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2006, 09:33:22 AM »
Quote from: Lezam

Nope, I bought all my equipment  8)  8)  8)

Also, it looks like your pretty far from LGA. How do you pick up the feed that far away?

Good terrain profile between there and the two airports.  We pick up aircraft on the ground at JFK from the Williston Park location.

We'll be installing a gain antenna (one of the Grove beams) there in a few weeks, possibly coupled with a discone.

Dave

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2006, 12:44:24 PM »
Hey everyone, I just got home and turned the feed on.

I will post the status in the feed status forum.

Offline cb747

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 09:10:47 PM »
I  used to host the feed for around a year till my internet connection gave me all sorts of problems despite my ISP telling me otherwise. In the end ofcoarse i was correct and after having 5 techs here in as many days i got the problem fixed finally.
    I used to host both JFK and LGA and it seems i will be doing it again :)
Ive had 2 different antennas on the roof at 2 different times. I had one which Dave built and it kicked butt! Then he sent a replacement for that when it broke and it wasnt as good as his. I think with the antenna combo he wants to use ill have better reception than ever! Im looking forward to doing it again :)
                          Chris

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2006, 09:16:47 PM »
Whats happening with the other JFK feeder? I know I just started hosting the JFK tower feed, but are you taking over for him or me :)

Offline cb747

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 08:27:26 PM »
Ummmm i dont know LOL Im not sure what Dave wants to do. Are you hosting all the feeds or just the tower? Maybe its a combination of the 2 of us?
Chris

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 09:19:28 PM »
Ummmm i dont know LOL Im not sure what Dave wants to do. Are you hosting all the feeds or just the tower? Maybe its a combination of the 2 of us?
Chris

Elliot...this has nothing to do with your feed.  Don't worry about it.  Your feed is fine the way it is.

Dave