airtraffic

Author Topic: any favorite atc controllers? help a newbie out!  (Read 2577 times)

Offline kationanion

any favorite atc controllers? help a newbie out!
« on: December 27, 2019, 02:01:14 AM »
Hi everyone! I'm new to listening to ATC but I'm also trying to write a piece about famous/legendary ATC controllers. So far, I've been listening to hours and hours of Kennedy Steve and Boston John. Bits of Pearson/Toronto Dave. In any case, I figured I'd post and see if anyone had other suggestions for ATC controllers to listen to or just stories of their favorite clips!

Thanks! Happy holidays!

Offline tyketto

Re: any favorite atc controllers? help a newbie out!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 01:05:45 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm new to listening to ATC but I'm also trying to write a piece about famous/legendary ATC controllers. So far, I've been listening to hours and hours of Kennedy Steve and Boston John. Bits of Pearson/Toronto Dave. In any case, I figured I'd post and see if anyone had other suggestions for ATC controllers to listen to or just stories of their favorite clips!

Thanks! Happy holidays!

Well, on the more infamous side of things, there was JFK Arnie.. he was rather tough, and while he got his work done, was a hard listen and rather harsh on frequency. But again, it was JFK, and at Ground. I want to say that he was during or right before the time of Steve, but it was definitely at the early inception of LiveATC.. if not when Dave was also running the webcam at KBOS as well.. that would have been early 2000-2002..

BL.