airtraffic

Author Topic: Android app  (Read 3831 times)

Offline Fitz

Android app
« on: June 19, 2014, 12:50:19 AM »
Why is it that when I go to choose a different airport, the first one continues to play. Also, it keeps playing even when I close the app. I had to finally turn off my phone to shut it off. What am I doing wrong?

Offline RonR

Re: Android app
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 05:05:30 PM »
I have a Galaxy S4 that I use to listen to Liveatc.  When I start a feed, an icon appears at the top of my display in the status bar.  When I drag down the status bar one of the items in the list is the currently running Liveatc feed.  From here I simply tap on that line and I can then turn off that feed.

But I also just tried starting a second feed while the first one was running and the App automatically shut off the first feed and started the second one...

Have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling the App on your phone?

Ron

Offline Rick108

Re: Android app
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 05:25:38 PM »
I understand the part about continuing to play after closing the app - I believe that was the intended design.  As Ron mentioned, you can stop it from the status bar (or by running the App again).

When you say it continues to play when you "go to choose a different airport", do you mean during the time before you actually push Play for a different airport feed, or do you mean after you start a new feed you still continue to hear the old one (or maybe both)?  Because that would be different from the behavior I am seeing.  But I still hear the first feed while I am selecting a second one - right up until the time I press the Play button for the new feed, then it switches.