Author Topic: Listening on smart phone/PDA  (Read 8187 times)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Listening on smart phone/PDA
« on: July 05, 2005, 11:52:20 PM »
For those of you with Palm PDAs that have networking and audio capability, one of our listeners has succeeded in using Pocket Tunes on a Palm Treo 650 to listen to the audio feeds.  This should work on Tungsten C's and any other PalmOS 5 device with networking and audio.  Don't try it for too long on your Treo, though...you'll need an "all you can eat" data plan otherwise you'll pay through the nose for many extra kilobytes.  :-)

Pocket Tunes is available from:
http://www.pocket-tunes.com

Has anyone succeeded with any Pocket PC devices and Windows Media Player?

-Dave

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
Listening on smart phone/PDA
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 12:08:23 AM »
Hey Dave -

Last week I was using my stepfathers PDA (HP iPAQ h6325 Pocket PC – Phone Edition) and listened to my feed and one archive using Windows Media Player which was already installed on the PDA.  Let me know if you'd like any more info.  It has Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 for Pocket PC (phone edition)

Quite a nice PDA - you can basically do ANYTHING on it...gotta love technology...especially when your company pays for it  8)

Offline ChrisW

Re: Listening on smart phone/PDA
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 09:09:22 PM »
I know this post is a bit old ... but I would love to listen to LiveATC on my PDA/Smartphone (Audiovox XV6700 from Verizon). I have WM5 and WMP10 installed, but the M3U extension does not work properly when I try to access it. Anyone have any ideas?

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 10:18:01 PM »
Try the direct URL in WMP (Open URL) without the .m3u extension.

e.g,

http://audio.liveatc.net:8012/kbos_twr
or
http://alt.liveatc.net/kbos_twr

Offline edro20

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 09:46:02 PM »
I have a new Palm Treo and the fur is still flying. Doggone thing thinks it knows what I want. LOL

Offline ChrisW

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 08:10:19 AM »
Unfortunately, typing in the alternate URLs didnt help. So I searched around and found Resco Radio which allows me to listen to streams. I also download BT Audio to allow it to play into my blue tooth ear piece! Everything is perfect! Thanks for the help!

Offline Tomato

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 05:21:03 PM »
I have a Dell Axim with WM2003SE and it works wonders for everything from email/web access, to displaying GPS, to watching full-length DivX movies, to playing MP3s, to organizing my life, to viewing M$ Office documents, and to get back on topic...

I've also used it for LiveATC!  I have my own streaming media player that I use, but have used the included WMP too.  Both work alright.  I've been on many wireless networks, and none have proved to work well.  There are many more interruptions and buffering problems on the PDA than I've seen on the computer.  I've done everything from isolating my network to maximizing the CPU speed on the PDA... nothing fixes the problem.

It works well when you're out, but I wouldn't suggest using it as a primary feed source... just my 2 cents of experience.  :)