Author Topic: A380 Has Reliability Issues  (Read 5569 times)

Offline joeyb747

• Nothing Like A 747!
A380 Has Reliability Issues
« on: March 15, 2009, 11:21:09 AM »
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — Emirates, the biggest customer for Airbus' A380 "superjumbo," said Sunday it still has confidence in the jetliner despite some concerns about its reliability.

I thought this was interesting. Opening line to story linked below:

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-world-middleeast/20090315/ML.Dubai.Airbus/

Offline KIAD.ZW

Re: A380 Has Reliability Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 07:40:55 PM »
They have had issues with that airframe since they started, but no worse than Boeing with their 787-100 "Dreamliner", I expect to see many of the same issues with it once it goes deliverable and operations ramp up.   UAE and Qantas, who is the other carrier? ??Virgin Airlines??

Offline sunburn

• flickr.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 10:14:22 PM »
UAE and Qantas, who is the other carrier? ??Virgin Airlines??

Singapore Airlines. Though Virgin do have some on order.

Offline joeyb747

• Nothing Like A 747!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 10:04:24 PM »
They have had issues with that airframe since they started, but no worse than Boeing with their 787-100 "Dreamliner", I expect to see many of the same issues with it once it goes deliverable and operations ramp up.   UAE and Qantas, who is the other carrier? ??Virgin Airlines??

Oh for sure. Every new product, be it an airplane or a toaster has issues when it first comes out. Not taking any side in the Airbus/Boeing battle with this topic...just thought it was worth posting.

In fact, the Boeing 787 project is way behind schedule. The first flight of the B787-100 will not take place until the end of April 2009. I picked up the March '09 issue of Airliner World. It has a supplement on the 787 Program. On page 11 it says:

"Initial aircraft for ANA are scheduled for the first quarter of 2010. By then, the original schedule will be almost two years late, with some customers facing a two and a half-year, or longer, delay - the ten aircraft per month production rate will not be reached until 2012 at the earliest, two years later then planned. ILFC, the largest B787 customer to date, with orders for 74 aircraft, has been advised it will have to wait an average of 27 months for aircraft."

The main issue has a great feature on the 40th anniversary of the Concorde too! Pretty neat stuff! 8-)