Author Topic: 24years old girl co pilot nearly crashed the plane  (Read 6831 times)

Offline tbonesteak

24years old girl co pilot nearly crashed the plane
« on: March 07, 2008, 09:46:41 PM »
24-Year-Old Co-Pilot Made First Landing Attempt
video:

A young co-pilot steered the Airbus A320 that almost crashed on Saturday while trying to land in heavy wind. The more experienced 39-year-old pilot then took over to abort the landing and take off again.

The Lufthansa Airbus A320 that almost crashed (more...)while trying to land at Hamburg airport in heavy wind was being steered by the 24-year-old female co-pilot, named only as Maxi J., according to a spokesman for the German Federal Bureau of Aircraft Accidents Investigation.

Offline Ilanious

Re: 24years old girl co pilot nearly crashed the plane
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 01:04:35 AM »
that sounds pretty young for both.  almost all pilots of seen have plenty of grey, although the other day i saw a woman pilot, i was going to ask her if she flew b52's.

Offline Nick GEG

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 01:32:56 PM »
that sounds pretty young for both.  almost all pilots of seen have plenty of grey, although the other day i saw a woman pilot, i was going to ask her if she flew b52's.
Sounds like she got her first grey hair that day!!!!

Offline tyketto

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 05:35:12 PM »

24? Not really that young.

There was an issue of Airways Magazine a couple months ago in which they talked about the first female pilot for AeroGal, a Central American airline, who flew her first flight for them in a B732. She was 19.

In this month's issue of Airliners, there's an article about Royal Bhutan Airlines, who is the only airline service VQPR (Paro). They are using A319s for their routes in and out of that airport, going to India and Nepal. The approaches to that field make Aspen look like  a walk in the park. VQPR has no instrument approaches, so if the field isn't VMC, the field isn't open period. Anyway, they just had their first female pilot fly out of there and land back there, and she is in her early 20s.

Don't let age fool you. If they're qualified to be in that left or right seat, trust them. they deserve it.

BL.

Offline mk

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 11:19:31 PM »
i've got two friends that are captians for regional airliners...and maybe one or two more that i haven't talked to for a few months...and they're all 24-25 y/o