airtraffic

Author Topic: LSZH Feed's - what happend?  (Read 12683 times)

Offline Lud38

Re: LSZH Feed's - what happend?
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2017, 07:25:02 AM »
Cool! The new feeds are amazing! Thanks!

Just FYI some strange lags occur while I'm listening to the feed. Do others hear them as well?  :roll:
So atm only one main freq. is missing (125.325 Final).
Finally I wanted to remark that LSZH Apron (West) should read LSZH Apron (North).

Cheers

Offline carino

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2017, 03:15:04 PM »
I have 3 strange behaviours: either all the new channels are completely down (this happens quite often) or it reconnects constantly or you hear the channel but you have some voice cuted every couple of seconds. Somehow the new channels still have some "teething troubles". I hope the problems will be solved soon and ZRH Final will be added. Thanks to all involved.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2017, 07:23:19 AM »
There are some subtle internet connection issues...possibly occasional packet loss...that we haven't been able to pin down. This causes problems from time to time. Not sure if we can fix that or not.

We will not be able to simultaneously add Departure and Final due to the frequencies they use. The setup consists of four SDRs and al four are serving multiple frequencies (each dongle can only cover 2.5 MHz of bandwidth). That is how we have so many Swiss Radar frequencies. The only option to cover all frequencies would be to switch from single-channel feeds to four feeds that each scanned multiple frequencies.

Dave

Offline Floeffel

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2018, 05:16:38 PM »
We will not be able to simultaneously add Departure and Final due to the frequencies they use. The setup consists of four SDRs and al four are serving multiple frequencies (each dongle can only cover 2.5 MHz of bandwidth). That is how we have so many Swiss Radar frequencies. The only option to cover all frequencies would be to switch from single-channel feeds to four feeds that each scanned multiple frequencies.

So this means that you need more equipment for those frequencies?

Especially in LSZH the lower frequencies are in my eye the most interesting ones, as we have several issues which most airports don't have. (Noise abetment procedures, high traffic on converging/crossing runways, etc.). So, it would be really cool to have departure and final back online. :-)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2018, 09:36:59 AM »

So this means that you need more equipment for those frequencies?

Especially in LSZH the lower frequencies are in my eye the most interesting ones, as we have several issues which most airports don't have. (Noise abetment procedures, high traffic on converging/crossing runways, etc.). So, it would be really cool to have departure and final back online. :-)

Since we have a limited number of receivers at this particular receiver location, right now the only way to get Departure and Final would be to change the configuration. Specifically, some other feed(s) would have to go to a scanning arrangement - instead of the current multichannel arrangement - so no matter what, someone will be unhappy.  :-)  Unfortunately we can't add receivers at this location right now so perhaps someone else in the Zurich area will offer some help.

Offline carino

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2018, 03:53:58 PM »
LSZH has since some weeks new frequencies

APRON SOUTH 121.755
APRON NORTH 121.855
GROUND 121.905
DEPARTURE 125.955

Will this be adapted?

Thx

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2018, 03:57:39 PM »
Thanks for the heads up...changes just made.