Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Aviation Audio Clips / Alaska bound 747 makes emergency landing in Saskatoon
« Last post by KB4TEZ on December 16, 2022, 07:31:37 AM »
I could not find the call in for the need to divert, but later it was a fire indicator panel that was the cause.
Fuel dump and divert.  No fire found, plane towed/taxied safely after checking, no fire.

https://saskatoon.ctvnews.ca/alaska-bound-plane-makes-emergency-landing-in-saskatoon-1.6197282#:~:text=There%20was%20an%20unusual%20sight,shortly%20before%202%3A00%20p.m..

SASKATOON - There was an unusual sight at the Saskatoon airport Thursday afternoon when an Alaska bound plane had to make an emergency landing.
A spokesperson for the airport says the aircraft was a Boeing 747 cargo jet travelling from Cincinnati to Anchorage.

The plane landed in Saskatoon shortly before 2:00 p.m..

Saskatoon emergency crews were waiting on the runway prepared to assist.

The airport could not confirm the reason for the emergency landing.

No passengers were on the cargo plane but there were 7 crew members, and no one was injured.

While the Saskatoon airport is no stranger to diversions and emergency landings, planes of this size landing here are rare.
Listener Forum / Re: No Contribution Icon
« Last post by dave on December 15, 2022, 04:01:18 PM »
You can donate via PayPal to paypal@liveatc.net - the icon had attracted a lot of spam and PayPal couldn't stop it....we will put it back on after a while but not sure the same issue won't happen again.
Listener Forum / No Contribution Icon
« Last post by BoxhillBob on December 15, 2022, 03:58:44 PM »
Hi Dave

I cannot see the contribution icon on the site anymore ... Have you got lots of money now and no long need us to Help
with the cost of running the setup  :-) :-) :-) :-)

Bob
Listener Forum / Re: KBGR No Transmissions Again
« Last post by BoxhillBob on December 15, 2022, 03:51:18 PM »
Hi Dave

Thanks for the reply but your are correct it is intermittent there is no transmission again today

Bob
Aviation Audio Clips / 2 seriously hurt after plane from New Hampshire crashes in Canada
« Last post by KB4TEZ on December 15, 2022, 10:30:02 AM »
This one has a little bit of everything, plane down, planes looking, helicopter, snowmobile, passenger hoist.
I never heard pan pan or mayday, so strange everything seemed fine for landing.,

praying for both of them.

https://www.wmur.com/article/2-seriously-hurtplane-crash-new-hampshire-canada/42249036

HAPPY VALLEY-GOOSE BAY, NL —
Two people are in the hospital after a plane that left Nashua crashed in Canada, according to Canadian officials.

The Piper PA-46 plane crashed Wednesday morning about three miles from the airport in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Labrador.
Officials said a man and woman were on board.

Canadian media report their injuries are serious and that the plane was stopping in Labrador on its way to Greenland.

The cause of the crash in under investigation.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N5EQ
Listener Forum / Re: KBGR No Transmissions Again
« Last post by dave on December 14, 2022, 01:44:02 PM »
We did nothing. So there must be something intermittent there. We contributed equipment and have remote access but can't control what might be going on physically.
Pilot/Controller Forum / A Debrief of 2022 and Looking Ahead
« Last post by KB4TEZ on December 14, 2022, 10:43:49 AM »
From my LinkedIn feed from Sully.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/debrief-2022-looking-ahead-capt-sully-sullenberger/

“When a test pilot comes off a flight, there is typically another pilot who is going to take it up, and he believes in the debriefing. You don’t keep something to yourself.” - Wally Schirra
In aviation, almost every procedure, rule or regulation comes from an accident or incident that was meticulously studied to ensure it never happens again. Crises happen, but it’s about how you choose to learn from them that makes all the difference.
As a fighter pilot, it was after a flight in the debriefing room where the learning took place.
Debriefing is one of the most valuable tools we as pilots have to evaluate what worked, what didn't, why, and what we would do differently next time. As this is crucial to the aviation industry, it also translates into everyday life.
I want to take this opportunity to reflect on my proudest accomplishments, challenges, and lessons I will carry into 2023.
A Debrief of 2022:
I had the absolute honor of being nominated by President Biden and confirmed by the United States Senate as U.S. Ambassador to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) in Montréal, a Specialized Agency of the United Nations.
At the beginning of 2021, I was able to represent the United States and reassert U.S. leadership as we faced multiple challenges throughout the globe including supporting economic recovery of international aviation during the pandemic, addressing climate change, and ensuring the safety and security of Americans when they travel by air.
This was one of the greatest honors of my life.

At ICAO, my learning curve was initially steep, but it reminded me that we can always learn new things at every stage of our lives. It was an experience that reinforced my commitment to continuous lifelong learning.

While serving as ambassador, I had the honor of presenting to the U.S. Air Force’s Lt. Col. Alex Pelbath, the inaugural Sullenberger Award for Courage for his leadership of C-17 aircrews in the evacuation from Afghanistan.
Lt. Col. Alex Pelbath embodies the values of leadership, bravery, integrity and honor by protecting the Afghan refugees and making the ultimate sacrifice for our nation.
Thank you, Lt. Col. Alex Pelbath, for your dedication, diligence and service.
Looking Ahead at 2023
After my public service as a diplomat, I am looking forward to engaging with new audiences and contributing to the many important conversations about the challenges we face and the ways we will address them.
Specifically, bringing awareness to climate change as our generation's existential crisis, and ensuring that the next generation of pilots are fully prepared to meet future challenges and travel demands. The obligation to protect and save lives is one that is understood clearly and felt deeply by aviation professionals.
I am encouraged by the aviation industry’s commitment to addressing both of these pressing challenges, and look forward to significant progress made in alleviating them.
Here is to the next year of learning, growth and progress.
Aviation Audio Clips / 2 Hurt After Single-Engine Plane Crashes in Carrollton
« Last post by KB4TEZ on December 14, 2022, 06:36:12 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/2-hurt-after-single-engine-plane-crashes-in-carrollton/ar-AA15cNq6

Two people were hurt when a single-engine plane crash-landed in a Carrollton neighborhood Monday night.

It happened around 8 p.m. in the area of East Hebron Parkway near Province Drive, roughly two miles north of the Addison Airport runway. The FAA said the plane, a single-engine Mooney M20, was headed there from Abilene Regional Airport.

Carrollton Police confirmed two people on board the plane were taken to a hospital with injuries that were not considered life-threatening. No bystanders were injured as a result of the crash.
Aviation News (General) / Orlando Airport could run out of fuel Sunday night
« Last post by KB4TEZ on December 14, 2022, 06:19:42 AM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/airline-news/2022/12/11/orlando-international-airport-could-run-out-fuel-sunday/10877704002/
(there is also a news feature about the new Terminal C opening up at MCO)

The Federal Aviation Administration is warning pilots that Orlando International Airport (MCO) is running low on fuel, and that could mean hiccups in the days ahead for travelers.

In an official notice, the agency said that the airport could continue having supply issues through about 7 p.m. Tuesday, and suggests that airlines should be prepared to operate flights into the airport with enough fuel on board to fly back out.

Some carriers are already making adjustments to their operations as a result, and at least one has issued a waiver for travelers heading to or from Orlando.
In a statement posted to Twitter Sunday morning, Orlando International Airport said the supply issue was the result of weather along the Gulf Coast that prevented ships from transporting fuel for delivery.
Airlines have already begun to respond. United Airlines said in a statement that some of its flights will be adding extra stops for refueling.

"Because of a shortage of fuel in Orlando that is impacting multiple airlines, we will add planned fuel stops on Sunday and Monday for some flights from Orlando. At this time we expect to operate our full schedule to get our customers to their destinations as planned," a spokesperson for the airline said.

British Airways appears to have added a refueling stop in Miami for its service between Orlando and London Gatwick on Sunday night, according to its website.

If you're planning to fly to or from Orlando in the next few days, it's a good idea to check with your airline about the status of your flight and keep your eyes open for any alerts about changes to the schedule.
Delta Air Lines has not published any flight changes, but it is offering passengers traveling to or from MCO the option of rescheduling their flights for later in the week.

Travelers booked on Delta at MCO on Monday or Tuesday can move their flight to Friday or sooner without paying a change fee or fare difference.
Aviation Audio Clips / Skywest E175 at Denver turbulence injures flight attendant
« Last post by KB4TEZ on December 14, 2022, 06:13:46 AM »
Story from AVH.

Listening to Denver Center/approach, everyone was commenting on the turbulence.
Skywest had severe turbulence, safely landed.  Couldn't grab the ground audio from Denver
when they got to the gate. 

A Skywest Embraer ERJ-175 on behalf of United, registration N151SY performing flight UA-5270 from Boise,ID to Denver,CO (USA), was descending through about 15,000 feet when the aircraft encountered severe turbulence causing injuries to a flight attendant. The aircraft continued for a safe landing on Denver's runway 16L about 12 minutes later.

The FAA reported: "AIRCRAFT ENCOUNTERED SEVERE TURBULENCE INJURYING A FLIGHT ATTENDANT, DENVER, CO." and rated the injury minor.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL5270/history/20221210/0051Z/KBOI/KDEN
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]