Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Aviation Audio Clips / Engine Failure Centenial Airport runway excursion
« Last post by KB4TEZ on July 22, 2024, 06:26:02 AM »
Type:   Silhouette image of generic AC50 model; specific model in this crash may look slightly different   
Rockwell 500S Shrike Commander
Owner/operator:   Private
MSN:   3255
Year of manufacture:   1975
Fatalities:   Fatalities: 0 / Occupants:
Other fatalities:   0
Aircraft damage:   Unknown
Location:   Centennial Airport (APA/KAPA), Englewood, CO -    United States of America
Phase:   Landing
Nature:   Unknown
Departure airport:   Denver-Centennial Airport, CO (APA/KAPA)
Destination airport:   Saint Joseph-Rosecrans ANGB, MO (STJ/KSTJ)
Confidence Rating:    Little or no information is available
Narrative:
The Shrike Commander reported a left engine failure shortly after takeoff from runway 17L at KAPA. The pilot turned around and landed on runway 35L, but suffered a runway excursion while avoiding a stopped aircraft.
https://avherald.com/h?article=51b5f8ed&opt=0

A Southwest Airlines Boeing 737-8 MAX, registration N8841L performing flight WN-425 from Columbus,OH to Tampa,FL (USA), had been holding enroute due to weather at Tampa before continuing the approach to Tampa. On final approach to Tampa's runway 10, ambient pressure was stated 30.14 in/Hg by tower, the crew was advised of a headwind gain of about 10 knots at low altitude and a "bumpy ride". The aircraft descended below minimum safe height, when tower issued a low altitude alert they levelled off. About 50 seconds after the low altitude alert tower queried whether they were planning to go around, which the crew affirmed. Tower cancelled the approach clearance and instructed a go around. The aircraft initiated a go around from about 370 feet AGL (compensated for local ambient pressure) about 4.2nm before the runway threshold. The aircraft climbed out to safety and diverted to Fort Lauderdale,FL (USA) for a safe landing about 40 minutes later.

The aircraft remained on the ground in Fort Lauderdale for about an hour, then continued to Tampa for a landing without further incident.

ADS-B data suggest the aircraft descended to about 370 feet AGL/MSL, about 150 feet measured to standard pressure (which puts the aircraft 220 feet higher than the transponder suggests due to ambient pressure at 30.14 in/Hg), about 4.2nm before the runway threshold before going around.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA425/history/20240714/2010Z/KCMH/KTPA
Aviation Audio Clips / AAL1552 Engine Failure After Departing KDFW
« Last post by RonR on July 21, 2024, 10:08:16 PM »
AAL1552, a Boeing 737-800 enroute to Colorado Springs, had just departed KDFW and was climbing through about 9000 feet when the right-side engine failed.  The flight crew declared an emergency and returned to KDFW.  They landed a short time later on runway 18L after a 15-mile final.  They stopped on the runway and were inspected by emergency crews and then taxied to the gate after getting the OK from the emergency crews.

https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL1552/history/20240721/1409Z/KDFW/KDFW
Here's an update
things starting to return to normal
New Update
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/1-400-us-flights-canceled-united-american-airlines-resume-service-after-global-outage/ar-BB1qguRG?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=29c44800640d492c9a4c8aa96e702de7&ei=62

Update
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/live-updates-major-u-s-air-carriers-ground-flights-as-mass-it-outage-hits-windows-users/ar-BB1qg3iM?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=da03f64963aa40af9569349429dcfe0d&ei=91

(I was listening to KATL this morning on my way into work, this may be chaotic until it's resolved, though not affecting everyone, yet)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/flights-grounded-across-us/ar-BB1qg8cR?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=1db8538176e64ca99a65a1c8324d9575&ei=60

Several major U.S. carriers, including American Airlines, Delta and United, grounded flights on Friday morning due to a communication issue, according to the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration.

The airlines issued "global ground stops" following a major IT outage that hit businesses around the world.  In an emailed statement to Newsweek, a spokesperson for American Airlines said: "We're aware of a technical issue with CrowdStrike that is impacting multiple carriers. American is working with CrowdStrike to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and apologize to our customers for the inconvenience."  he airline said that flights already airborne will continue with their journeys but no more will take off.

"We are in contact with our planes currently in flight," the airline spokesperson said.

Cybersecurity company CrowdStrike and Microsoft have had major outages, which have had widespread effects on airlines, banks and media outlets around the world.  CrowdStrike said that the problem was caused by a recent update, which it has since reverted. It advised a workaround for affected users in a Reddit support thread.

U.S.-based Frontier Airlines said on Friday that the Microsoft outage had affected its systems.

"During this time booking, check-in, access to your boarding pass, and some flights may be impacted," the company said on X. It said later that normal operations had been resumed.
Microsoft said its outage started about 6 p.m. ET on Thursday, Reuters reported, but issues have since been resolved.

The company said that it was continuing to deal with "the lingering impact" of the outage, per Sky News.

Newsweek reached out to CrowdStrike and Microsoft via email outside of regular working hours.

Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg said in a statement on X, formerly Twitter: "We are monitoring technical issues at Frontier Airlines leading to cancellations and delays across their network. Our department will hold Frontier, and all airlines, to their responsibilities to meet the needs of passengers."  Several other airports and airlines around the world have been affected by delays and disruptions, including in Australia, Europe and Asia.

The cause of the Microsoft outage is not yet clear.

In a series of updates on X over the last few hours, the company said that it was investigating "an issue impacting users ability to access various Microsoft 365 apps and services," which are its cloud-based services.

The company said that "multiple services are continuing to see improvements in availability as our mitigation actions progress."
Lisbon Control ATC gets mad after being interrupted by Air Europa Pilot while talking to another aircraft
Listener Forum / Unable to Listen on LAN
« Last post by integlikewhoa on July 17, 2024, 09:19:07 AM »
I have a problem of not being able to listen at home on any device that's on the network. Thought it was my computer so tried my phone but also didn't work. Turn off wifi and then it works. Also works at work. Something on my local network is or my ISP is blocking something. Everything works except when I hit play it just never starts, doesn't count and doesn't ever play. All the website loads and works fine not like it blocking popups or the physical website. Anyone had this problem?

I have a UNIFI network (Spectrum Cable Internet, Sb8200 Modem, UDM Pro router)
I tried to make a rule (probley didn't do it right) to allow liveatc.net but no luck, although I don't know if i did it right.

Hoping someone could help point me in the right direction or has seen this before.
Aviation Audio Clips / Bird issue Des Moines
« Last post by KB4TEZ on July 17, 2024, 08:34:12 AM »
First Controller is quickly becoming my favorite, almost a midwest Kennedy Steve.
only one bird suffered fatal injuries :)

Date:   16-JUL-24
Time:   18:48:00Z
Regis#:   N329ME
Aircraft Make:   CESSNA
Aircraft Model:   172
Event Type:   INCIDENT
Highest Injury:   NONE
Aircraft Missing:   No
Damage:   UNKNOWN
State:   IOWA
DESCRIPTION
Description:   AIRCRAFT STRUCK A BIRD WHILE CONDUCTING TOUCH AND GOS, DES MOINES, IA.
Aviation Audio Clips / Alaska B739 near Boise on Jul 13th smoke in cockpit
« Last post by KB4TEZ on July 17, 2024, 06:30:12 AM »
(I couldn't get the initial emergency declaration, coverage from that sector of Salt Lake (ZSL06) not great, but here's the rest)

An Alaska Airlines Boeing 737-900, registration N215AK performing flight AS-360 from Seattle,WA to Tampa,FL (USA), was enroute at FL350 about 160nm northeast of Boise,ID (USA) when the crew donned their oxygen masks reporting smoke in the cockpit and decided to divert to Boise. Descending through about 14,000 feet the crew advised the smoke was increasing. The aircraft landed without further incident on runway 10R about 35 minutes after deciding to divert and taxied to the apron.

The remainder of the flight and the rotation was cancelled.

The aircraft remained on the ground in Boise for about 45 hours, then positioned to Seattle but has not yet returned to service about 84 hours (3 days 12 hours) after landing in Boise.

A passenger reported there was a smell like gas in the cabin, the engine power was reduced, the oxygen masks were released and the aircraft descended. Another passenger saw sparks and small flames outside.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ASA360/history/20240714/0425Z/KSEA/KTPA

https://avherald.com/h?article=51b3548f&opt=0
Aviation Audio Clips / Re: Tornadoes Hit Chicago OHare and Midway Airports
« Last post by tyketto on July 16, 2024, 07:50:13 PM »
The ATIS from KMDW during the storm:

MDW ATIS INFO H 0223Z SPECIAL. 19014G26KT 10SM SCT029 SCT110 BKN140 OVC200 31/26 A2963 (TWO NINER SIX THREE) RMK AO2 PK WND 18026/0214 LTG DSNT ALQDS CONS LTGIC DSNT SW-N-NE CB DSNT W-N-NE. RNAV Y RWY 22L APCH IN USE. LNDG AND DEPG RWYS 22. NOTAMS... TWY Y CLSD BTN RWY 31C AND TWY F ; TWY E1 CLSD; TWY E2 CLSD; TWY Y3 CLSD; TWY Y4 CLSD. RWY 31R,13L REPURPOSED TO TWY H ,RWY 31R,13L CLSD. AIRCRAFT SHOULD OPERATE MODE CEE ON ALL TWYS AND RWYS. HAZD WEA INFO FOR MDW AREA AVBL ON FSS FREQ. MDW TOWER IS ATC ZERO AND HAS EVACUATED DUE TO TORNADO WARNING. CLEARANCE DELIVERY CLOSED. CTC GROUND 118.075 FOR CLEARANCE. MIDWAY A/C ON FREQUENCY 135.2. READBACK ALL RWY HOLD SHORT INSTRUCTIONS AND ALT ASSIGNMENTS. ...ADVS YOU HAVE INFO H.

BL.
Listener Forum / Re: KSEA Feeds Down
« Last post by RonR on July 16, 2024, 02:43:14 PM »
The construction project that resulted in the KSEA feeds going down is located at the feed site; the airport construction site is unrelated to the KSEA feeds being down.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10