Air Traffic Monitoring > Feed Setup Pictures

Setup?

<< < (2/16) > >>

KevinK:
Haha well i have the computer easily at my grasp "I know some people" :) I want the 200 also just for my future in aviation, althoguh that means the thing wont be up all the time but... Anyhow, any good antennas recommended? I dont think that the height will be a problem, cuz i can put it close to the roof, But!!! IT HAS TO BE DISCREET!

Lezam:
This is the one I got, it will become discreet soon :) Its copper, and when outside it will turn brownish, so it will blend in.
http://www.kb9vbr.com/jpole.htm
If you need any help, IM me...

n57flyguy:
I want to set up a feed of ILG in the few years before college. I hope on purchasing a Bearcat scanner by next fall. I have a couple questions. How do I hook it up to my computer? I can get an antenna and put it on my roof or back trees somewhere, knowone really cares around me, I  could just say its TV. Now what cable do I need to hook up the scanner to the antenna? How do you run it from the inside to my roof? any help will be appreciated.

Lezam:
Its simple to hook it up to your computer. All you do is get a 2 male end headphone style cable, and hook it into your line in port.

Get an antenna :)

I use RG-6 cable, works just fine for me, but you  might want to buy RG-8, 20 bucks at radioshack.

YOu can run it through the wall, just drill a hole!

--- Quote from: n57flyguy ---I want to set up a feed of ILG in the few years before college. I hope on purchasing a Bearcat scanner by next fall. I have a couple questions. How do I hook it up to my computer? I can get an antenna and put it on my roof or back trees somewhere, knowone really cares around me, I  could just say its TV. Now what cable do I need to hook up the scanner to the antenna? How do you run it from the inside to my roof? any help will be appreciated.
--- End quote ---

Jason:

--- Quote from: Lezam ---I use RG-6 cable, works just fine for me, but you  might want to buy RG-8, 20 bucks at radioshack.
--- End quote ---

Are you sure you're using RG6?  RG6 is 75 ohm cable, whereas RG8 is 50 ohm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version