Air Traffic Monitoring > Feed Setup Pictures

New MHTG feed!

(1/4) > >>

leonardoperezsalles:
Located in Tegucigalpa Honduras. Any recomendations on a better antenna?

Kalpazan:
Congratulations for the feed and thanx for the pictures. I recommend that you first try to put the current antenna outside and as high as possible and then if not satisfied with the quality look for another one. Also, you may consider grounding the anetnna to eliminate some of the background noise and protect the scanner against flashes. You will find quite some info about on these forums.

leonardoperezsalles:
Ok thanks, i´ll try to buy a longer cable for the antenna. I think that should do it cause when I had the scanner in my room it had much better reception.
http://audio.liveatc.net:8012/mhtg.m3u

Kalpazan:
Not only a longer cable but a good one also. If possible 50 ohms, like RG-8 for example.

Btw, I just tried your feed. It does not sound very well I must say. Volume level is comming very very low and there is some background hum noise. I would guess you pumped up the volume of the scanner while keeping the microphone level low. Perhaps you should try the other way around ? Always check with Winamp or similar how it is comming from LiveATC.net server as it may differ from what you hear on the PC speakers.

leonardoperezsalles:
I´ll keep that in mind thanks, i think the poor sound was because i was getting the feed from the line out, but im using the external speaker out from the radio to the line in of the computer. It sounds better now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version