airtraffic

Author Topic: KTKI LiveATC set up. McKinney National or Collin County Regional Airport TX  (Read 25327 times)

Offline jbanks

Hi,

I'm working on setting up a feed for KTKI.

I have the GP126 antenna installed and hooked up to the BC355N.

I'm waiting on the Griffin iMic to arrive and Dave was supposed to send me an SD card for the Raspberry PI. (Haven't checked the mail in a couple days, it might be here)

Hopefully Monday at the latest it will be online.

Audio seems SUPER clear with the antenna installed.  I'm located about 1 mile from the tower.

This picture is facing east toward KTKI.

Not done carrying concrete blocks yet. Cable runs in the vent in the foreground. The vent is no longer in use, and comes right into the office which made running the cable without poking another hole in the roof easier.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 04:19:21 PM by jbanks »

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: KTKI LiveATC set up. McKinney National or Collin County Regional Airport TX
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 04:34:07 PM »
Nice!  The SD card should be there today or tomorrow.

Offline blakepilot

• KDAL LiveATC
Re: KTKI LiveATC set up. McKinney National or Collin County Regional Airport TX
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 04:14:14 PM »
Hello redditor ;)

Offline jbanks

I am moving my office from this location after 14 years. I can't find anyone in the building to take over the feed. Maybe someone who occupies one of my spots will want to take over.

The feed will be going offline as soon as AT&T pulls the plug on my internet connection. Probably closer toward the end of the month.

Offline jbanks

Here's a question. I was thinking about going down and asking the (now city owned) airport if they wanted the equipment to do the feed. Is this happening anywhere else?

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Here's a question. I was thinking about going down and asking the (now city owned) airport if they wanted the equipment to do the feed. Is this happening anywhere else?

This is happening in a number of places, yes.