Author Topic: KBOS feed and recent mods  (Read 11485 times)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
KBOS feed and recent mods
« on: July 08, 2011, 06:47:58 AM »
Here are a few pics of the LiveATC KBOS feed setup.  Sorry for the mediocre picture quality.

Recent changes:
- Replaced an aging P3/500 MHz Linux box with a small ITX-based feed machine w/ SSD.  Small, light, silent.
- Swapped out some older receivers with better quality receivers (all Bearcat BC-350As now)
- Split Tower into two feeds: Local East and Local West (there is a combined feed as well)
- Added some frequencies to Ramp feed and moved Boston Skyways to Boston Tower (West) feed
- Improved quality of Boston Approach (Rockport Sector 118.25) feed

The antenna is a gain collinear vertical on the roof of a residence about 6.5 miles from Boston Logan Airport.

This location has some bad power-line noise which may get fixed at some point (requires work to find and then convince the power company that they need to fix it).  This noise does affect some weak signals from time to time.

Offline captkel

Re: KBOS feed and recent mods
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 12:26:04 PM »
Hi Dave:

Good job. That mess of wires reminds me of my setup. Good luck on getting the power company out, the person that was going to MAYBE look in to my noise issue stopped returning my phone calls, I now just pray for rain, that seems to temporally clear it up.

Take Care

KEL