Air Traffic Monitoring > Feed Setup Pictures

2017 KLGB - Long Beach Airport (California)

(1/3) > >>

AbACUZ:
Hello LIVEATC family :)

I am the newest noob trying to set this one up for all :. any and all comments and help is very much welcomed.

Hardware : Raspberry 3b
Tuner : NooElec NESDR Aluminum
Antenna : Centerfire VHF Airband

:)
Long Beach Flying Club

AbACUZ:
Please Note that cardboard box antenna mast is not best solution,, should try a bigger box soon, but seeing as we still have not gotten the liveatc software working on the raspberry yet, this looked like a good option for now.

:-D

---when compiling RTLSDR  we are getting Fatal error: ogg/ogg.h: No Such File  Compilation terminated
 :oops:
-- Update : rebooted and it worked fine this time... imagine that.. i looked at the instructions and the reboot instruction was under optional. so you optionally better reboot if you want it to work  :-P

:-D

AbACUZ:
Doing a hard backup.. will be down for about half hour.

Also moved the antenna closer to the top of our building, WAY better than before ...

.... and it's  Feed Status: UP

leonardoperezsalles:
I see you are using the same USB sound card I am, what are your settings in ALSAMIXER? I am getting some noise that keeps the volume meter at 25% steady when in "silence".

AbACUZ:
since we are running 3 tuners we had to remove the external sound card , it was drawing too much power and where got low voltage warning ... so now just use the built in sound out jack. 

we did not have issues with it while we only had 1 tuner no matter what setting it was on... could it be that there is some junk on the plug .. or a faulty card.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version