airtraffic

Author Topic: YPPF Feed  (Read 15647 times)

Offline Jacko

YPPF Feed
« on: March 25, 2014, 04:58:11 AM »
Hey All,

Over the next couple of weeks (particularly on the weekends Australian time) there may be some brief outages on my feed. The reason for the outages is due to hardware upgrades of the following items.

1. Firewall which protects the service
2. Installing a new radio so I can claim back my IC-R20 and put it to use as a fox hunting radio

I would expect the outages to be no longer than 5 minutes at a time (unless I have screwed my firewall config up when my brother plugs it in when he receives it in the post).

Will let people know when I have completed the maintenance upgrades.

Thanks again for the continued support

Scott
VK5FSKS

Offline Jacko

Re: YPPF Feed
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 02:54:06 AM »
Hey Guys,

The firewall upgrade has been completed this afternoon by my brother without any hitches. All I need to do now is get the new radio prepped and have that sent over to him so he can connect it although I may await until I am next home for that.

Thanks,
Scott

Offline Jacko

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 07:15:22 AM »
Hey Guys,

Had a feed outage tonight for nearly an hour. At first not sure what caused it as the pi didn't show anything abnormal;

23-Apr-2014 18:39:18 Buffer overrun!
23-Apr-2014 18:39:18 MultiThreadedConnector :: sinkThread reconnecting  0

But the pi has been up for 22 days, and my firewall for 6 days... so hmm

so.. after I checked the firewall logs I can see this...

The ntp server, ntp2.fortiguard.com, is determined unreachable at Wed Apr 23 02:27:35 2014

Looks like I lost connectivity to the world so sorry about this! We are back up on air and happily serving to the listeners. Note to self: change your timezone in your firewall as to not to lead to confusion.

Offline Jacko

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 06:52:31 AM »
Hey Guys,

Just some further notes... there may be some outages over this weekend as I change over radios and potentially antennas as well. I am headed back to Adelaide for the weekend to catch up with family etc so I will do some feed maintenance while I am down there. Will be flying into Adelaide Friday and headed out on Monday.

Cheers all,
Scott
VK5FSKS/VK3

Offline Jacko

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 07:34:11 PM »
Hey Guys,

I have changed the radio over, but alas as I thought I am getting some 50Hz coupled in from its power adaptor. I did get hum through the old radio as well running off batteries so maybe its antenna location or something. The signal seems to sound a bit better after fixing up my dipole antenna as well.

Thanks,
Scott

Offline Jacko

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 02:47:31 AM »
Hey Guys,

I am aware of a feed outage and my Pi seems to have been offline for a day or so. I cannot reach it through the internal network (via my Firewall externally) so either one of two things.

1. It has been powered down by accident
2. System has crashed

I will investigate and post updates as they come through.

Offline Jacko

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 05:20:59 AM »
Hey Guys,

My Pi had crashed and its now back online. Thanks!