Author Topic: YMML/YMMB/YMEN - Feed Maintenace  (Read 8901 times)

Offline SQWK7700

• Feeder for YMML YMEN YMMB
YMML/YMMB/YMEN - Feed Maintenace
« on: August 16, 2011, 02:58:02 AM »
Hi all, just doing some security patching on the box providing this feed. An outage of 5 minutes may be required between 0700Z and 0800Z today. Shouldn't be down for long. Cheers Darrin

Offline SQWK7700

Re: YMML/YMMB/YMEN - Feed Maintenace
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 03:49:51 AM »
OK feed is back on air after a bit of OS patching on the box that generates the feed. Cheers Darrin

Offline seaeagle2323

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 10:52:50 AM »
hi buddy
i always listen to your feeds thanks so much! just wondering what the difference in the menton and essedon and melbourne are?
thanks!
Andrew

Offline SQWK7700

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 07:07:19 PM »
Hey Andrew. The feed has Melbourne International (Tullamarine) tower, approach, radar, centre freqs. The Essendon freq is Essendon tower 125.1. Moorabbin is tower east 118.1 and tower west 123.0. The remainder are mostly company freqs. I think I've answered the question, if not, post a reply to this and I'll update. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the feed. Nice to hear from the people listening to the feed. Darrin

Offline seaeagle2323

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 08:10:06 PM »
hi!

Thanks for the reply, but there are 3 feeds YMML/YMMB/YMEN
Essendon, Victoria, Australia and YMML/YMMB/YMEN
Mentone, Victoria, Australia and YMML/YMMB/YMEN
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

All 3 seem to have the same freq? what is the difference between essedon, menton, melbourne feeds? sorry if this is a stupid question!

Thanks mate!

Offline SQWK7700

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 09:06:18 PM »
Hi Andrew, no probs. The scanner providing this feed is scanning over 29 frequencies covering those three airports plus area frequencies managed by Melbourne centre. So there are frequencies specific to each airport such as tower and ground and there are also frequencies that cover areas such as 135.7 which is Melbourne Radar which covers area within 30NM of Melbourne outside of the airport terminal areas. The airports are relatively close and my location is central to all so I get good coverage from my location. FYI the codes are YMML - Melbourne International YMEN - Essendon and YMMB - Moorabbin. YMEN and YMMB are large general aviation airports that also have regular passenger services operating out of them. Not sure if you are local or not. Outside of the major airports, ATC is managed from two locations Brisbane Centre covering most of Northern Australia and Melbourne Centre which covers southern Australia. Hope this explains the feed a bit. Darrin

Offline SQWK7700

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 11:52:47 PM »
Hi again Andrew, was on the web site this morning looking at the feeds for Oceania and noticed that Dave has split the single feed into three entries. I now understand how you may have become confused with the duplication in the frequencies. the 3 entries is actually one feed of 29 frequencies being scanned. Apologies if I sounded like I did not understand your question. Cheers Darrin