airtraffic

Author Topic: Tokyo is up San Francisco is now UP.  (Read 8659 times)

Offline Squawk 7700

• Squawk 7700 on Flickr
Tokyo is up San Francisco is now UP.
« on: September 18, 2013, 04:26:47 PM »
Happy to report my 3 new Tokyo RJTT feeds are all up now and running smoothly, even my antenna did not blow over with the high winds they had in Tokyo a few days ago.

On the other hand, looks like all my feeds originating out of Hayward, CA are all down. This includes ZOA, KSFO tower, KOAK tower, NORCAL, and KHWD. Network outage.

Update: Internet back up and working.

Ken
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 01:11:00 AM by Squawk 7700 »

Offline tyketto

Re: Tokyo is up San Francisco is now UP.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 12:44:17 PM »
Happy to report my 3 new Tokyo RJTT feeds are all up now and running smoothly, even my antenna did not blow over with the high winds they had in Tokyo a few days ago.

On the other hand, looks like all my feeds originating out of Hayward, CA are all down. This includes ZOA, KSFO tower, KOAK tower, NORCAL, and KHWD. Network outage.

Ken

Nice work, though I have to ask the question..

How are you physically maintaining both? I know you're definitely stateside and in the NorCal area, but if something physically goes out over in Tokyo, are you hopping a flight over there? If so, damn that's dedicated!  :lol:

BL.

Offline Squawk 7700

• Squawk 7700 on Flickr
Re: Tokyo is up San Francisco is now UP.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 12:16:08 AM »

Ken

Nice work, though I have to ask the question..

How are you physically maintaining both? I know you're definitely stateside and in the NorCal area, but if something physically goes out over in Tokyo, are you hopping a flight over there? If so, damn that's dedicated!  :lol:

BL.

Thanks BL,
That would be cool to fly back out to Tokyo again! Yes, I'm having family maintain the feed in Japan. I can "remote in" and take a peek at the software, but if anything major happens like a hard drive crash or a radio failure I would have to ship a replacement out. Aside from a lightning strike probably the worst that can happen is for the antenna to blow down or the mast snapping apart. Fortunately there are two other RJTT feeders. So just in case we do have backups. :-)
It was a neat experience setting this feed up over 5,000 miles away from home. I'll post some pictures up later.
Ken