Author Topic: New KBUR Feed  (Read 13962 times)

Offline bleyton

• Tarpy Tailors - the finest airline uniforms, since 1934
New KBUR Feed
« on: December 09, 2009, 06:54:21 PM »
I wanted to introduce myself as the new feeder for KBUR.  If you have had the chance to listen over the last few days since we went live, you probably noticed a few glitches.  I have been working on setting up the feed to be as stable as possible, but unfortunately whenever you make changes, that tends to make things less stable in the short-run.

I think I have the major issues ironed out now, so please enjoy the feed, and let me know if you have any feedback (pun intended).  I loaded the scanner up with a bunch of frequencies, but I am open to any suggestions - we can trim back if consensus is that it is too busy or difficult to follow conversations.

In case anyone is interested, The scanner is located at my office, which is on the ground floor of our building, just across the street from the north end of runway 15.  The antenna is a twinlead J-Pole taped to the inside of the window, and the scanner is an old Realistic PRO-2021 that was given to me by a friend.  Thanks Jay!

Brian
Your KBUR Feeder

Offline flyingtoohigh

Re: New KBUR Feed
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 10:07:34 PM »
Great job! Thanks for the feed! :mrgreen:

Offline Squawk 7700

• Squawk 7700 on Flickr
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 11:42:44 PM »
Thanks for the KBUR feed. The Bob Hope, Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena Airport is my airport of choice whenever flying down to LA. Glad to see this feed available. :-)

Heard the feed yesterday and it sounds great. Tonight I noticed a stuck mic 8:30 pm PST? All I hear is a carrier?

All is fine now.

Ken
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 07:35:46 PM by Squawk 7700 »

Offline uplink

• PPL ASEL, SOCAL AREA
    • SOCAL TRACON/VAN NUYS APPROACH
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 10:26:52 PM »
 Thanks for the feed!   I am just hearing hiss after checking it the last few hours, it may be hung up on some noise.
You may notice at night that all the SoCal Approch freqs fold down, eventually to just 128.75 combined with just 1 controller.
 Then they break out again in the morning, at first just a couple controllers combining freqs, then eventually they will all go to discrete freqs and controllers when it gets busier.
 I am a private pilot, and amateur radio operator, I fly out of Whiteman (KWHP), so your feed will be much appreciated.
My co-worker does the KVNY/KWHP feed, now we have the whole valley covered!   Thanks again.

Offline bluecrewfan08

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 12:27:02 PM »
Sounds great. Good job!

Rob

Offline bleyton

• Tarpy Tailors - the finest airline uniforms, since 1934
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 01:02:11 AM »
Thanks for all of your comments.  I appreciate it.

I have noticed stuck mics a few times, and in fact I had been scanning 124.6 in addition to the ones listed on the feed's info page, but after seeing the scanner get stuck on static on that channel a few too many times, I locked it out.  It's a tough tradeoff, but it was hanging things up enough times that I figured it we were better off without it.

If I had another radio or two, it would probably be nice to have Whiteman on one feed and split the approach/dept off to its own feed - I hear a lot of KVNY and KWHP traffic on my feed. 

Brian
Your KBUR Feeder

Offline highflyyer

• Youtube
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 12:29:38 AM »
What ever happened to VNY/WHP?? Both fun airports to listen to I'm sure. :?

Thanks, Pat

Offline uplink

• PPL ASEL, SOCAL AREA
    • SOCAL TRACON/VAN NUYS APPROACH
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 07:14:17 AM »
What ever happened to VNY/WHP?? Both fun airports to listen to I'm sure. :?

Thanks, Pat

KVNY/KWHP will be back in a couple days, the host of that feed was out of town.

Offline highflyyer

• Youtube
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 11:53:50 PM »
Awesome! :wink:

Offline highflyyer

• Youtube
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 10:49:24 AM »
Just in case nobody knows, VNY is back up.. :wink:

Offline kitvan