airtraffic

Author Topic: KSYR Feed down  (Read 14312 times)

Offline tmpd140

KSYR Feed down
« on: August 05, 2005, 11:45:03 AM »
Down since this AM (0800505)

Offline KSYR-pjr

Re: KSYR Feed down
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 09:26:44 AM »
Quote from: tmpd140
Down since this AM (0800505)

Sorry, I just saw this today and obviously the feed has been available for the week.   Interestingly I have Live ATC.net email me when the feed goes down (as well as when it returns) and I never received an email announcing this particular outage.   Additionally, since I was ignorant of any outage, nothing special was done at my end Friday or over the weekend.  There were no power or ISP outages that day.

I have to ask:  Are you sure the feed was down at the feeder end rather than perhaps the unavailibility caused by some problem at your end?  Did you verify the outage by going to the LiveATC Audio Feeds webpage (http://www.liveatc.net/feedindex.php) that day and see the "pink" outage notification for SYR?

Offline tmpd140

KSYR Feed down
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 09:14:25 AM »
It's been a week since I posted, but if I remember I was getting the 'http file not found blah blah', but the feed showed 'green' throughout the AM.  It probably was an issue on my end, seeing that 'nothing special was done' at your end.

However, once in a while I get a error message when I can't connect...something about a 'synch error' (???).  But if I try to connect a couple of times, then it works.

Offline KSYR-pjr

KSYR Feed down
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 10:09:08 AM »
Quote from: tmpd140
However, once in a while I get a error message when I can't connect...something about a 'synch error' (???).  But if I try to connect a couple of times, then it works.

Are you using the standard link to the audio feed or the alternate link?  

I noted a problem using the alternate audio feed link last week and posted a question to the webmaster about it.  So far, though, he hasn't replied so I don't know for sure what caused this issue, other than to say that the source feed was not the cause.