Author Topic: KOSH is back on the air!  (Read 7932 times)

Offline jayber

• http://www.N9JHB.com
KOSH is back on the air!
« on: June 04, 2006, 09:00:01 PM »
KOSH is back on the air!

Jim
Oshkosh

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
Re: KOSH is back on the air!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 04:01:33 PM »
KOSH is back on the air!

Jim
Oshkosh

Hi Jim,

Thanks again for providing the Oshkosh feed, it's really great!!  For AirVenture 2006, would you consider locking-out the ZAU frequencies and exclusively scanning the following frequencies?:

Oshkosh Tower North, RWY 09/27. . . . . 118.5
Oshkosh Tower South, RWY 18/36 . . . . 126.6
Oshkosh UHF . . . . 257.6
Oshkosh Ground Control. . . . . 121.9
Runway 09/27 Departures Monitor . . . . 121.75
Runway 18/36 Departures Monitor. . . . . 118.9

We would really appreciate it if you could. I'm really enjoying the feed so far and look forward to listening to it live from Oshkosh on Monday.

Thanks!!!
Jason

Offline jayber

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 04:30:36 PM »
Hello, Jason!

Thanks for the compliments!  I did eliminate the ZAU freqs before 6am CDT today ... and will leave them off for the duration of the Airventure NOTAM ... 7/31.  The other freqs on your list are the ones I'm sending ... w/ the exception of 121.9 and 257.6 (not using the UHF radio).  I'll put 121.9 on again ... but it was taking away from the arrival freqs this morning so I canceled it.  I'll see if that's still the case.  I will also try to include the airshow activities, air boss, etc. when I can determine what's active.

Jim

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 04:39:11 PM »
Hello, Jason!

Thanks for the compliments!  I did eliminate the ZAU freqs before 6am CDT today ... and will leave them off for the duration of the Airventure NOTAM ... 7/31.  The other freqs on your list are the ones I'm sending ... w/ the exception of 121.9 and 257.6 (not using the UHF radio).  I'll put 121.9 on again ... but it was taking away from the arrival freqs this morning so I canceled it.  I'll see if that's still the case.  I will also try to include the airshow activities, air boss, etc. when I can determine what's active.

Jim

Jim, Great!!  Use your best judgement with the frequencies and don't hesitate to lock-out those which take away from the primary frequencies, Oshkosh Tower North and Oshkosh Tower South.

Are you also scanning Fisk Approach (120.7) or did you leave that one off?

Quoting the Oshkosh Tower South local controller on shift now, "Welcome to Oshkosh",
Jason
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 04:44:08 PM by Jason »

Offline jayber

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 04:54:57 PM »
FISK approach is not heard at my house.  I'm about 10 miles away from there.  I'm trying to monitor it on another rig w/ no success.

Enjoy your visit to Oshkosh!  It's a nice place the rest of the year, too!