airtraffic

Author Topic: KMEM - Memphis Intl / KACY - Atlantic City Intl Feed Status  (Read 55007 times)

Offline bugalou

Please check this thread for the latest on the KMEM (Memphis International Airport),  ZME Memphis RCAG feeds as well as the KACY (Atlantic City International) feed.
All maintenance will be announced here.  Also feel free to reply with any problems or suggestions for these feeds.

Current Status:
KMEM Approach / Departute: Up
KMEM Tower: Up
ZME Memphis RCAG: Up

KACY Approach / Departure / Tower / Ground: Up

Please note unexpected interruptions may not be shown here.  This thread is only to announce planned maintenance.  Please check the
KMEM/ZME Memphis RCAG page and the KACY page for real time status reports.

Planned Outages:
None

Planned Upgrades:
None

« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 07:25:56 PM by bugalou »

Offline bugalou

Re: KMEM Feed Status
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 05:31:53 PM »
I am beginning the work to upgrade antennas and add some Memphis center frequencies.

Offline bugalou

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 06:49:05 PM »
Computer that streams this had a bit of a melt down, so expect a long delay.  I should hopefully have this back up in a couple more hours.

Offline N53020

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 07:37:48 PM »
Ok I was about to go out for a ride anyway. Glad to hear approaches to my area of MEM (runway 27 direction) I see FedEx 865 every morning which is my favorite. They basically go 1000 ft. above my roof.

Offline bugalou

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 08:50:14 PM »
Computer has been repaired.  I apologize for the extended outage.
Also the new antenna is now installed and has bumped up reception a pretty good bit.

The approach/departure/tower feed is back up and healthy.

Offline bugalou

Re: KMEM / ZME Memphis RCAG Feed Status
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 01:44:11 PM »
It seems fate is trying to keep the Memphis feeds from everyone, but no worries I am on the job!  :-D
The power supply in my router failed this morning.  I got it replaced and the feed is good to go again.

Offline joeyb747

• Nothing Like A 747!
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 09:54:29 PM »
Thanks for all the hard work! I enjoy the KMEM feed!  8-)

Offline bugalou

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 09:55:07 AM »
I had a power outage from 5AM to 8:30AM CST this morning.   Everything should be back up now.

Offline N53020

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 03:43:47 PM »
What's the buzzing that goes on the tower feed most of the day? Just curious if it was the tower doing that

Offline bugalou

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 03:49:23 PM »
What's the buzzing that goes on the tower feed most of the day? Just curious if it was the tower doing that

Not sure I have heard it.  I will try to check it out tonight.  I may just need to turn the squelch down some.

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 05:10:26 PM »
Would it be much to ask if you can just ONE more frequency to your feed ?  124.925 please ?

Thanks
Mike

Offline bugalou

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 09:20:11 PM »

Are you talking about the buzzing during their transmission?  I heard a little of it tonight and am really not sure of the cause.  Perhaps the tower transmitter is in a different location than the approach/departure and there is some soft of interference.  Some of the more knowledgeable radio guys may have to speak to the cause.

Offline bugalou

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 09:29:10 PM »
Would it be much to ask if you can just ONE more frequency to your feed ?  124.925 please ?

Thanks
Mike

That is out of Greenville, MS.  Considering my yagi antenna is pointed in the complete opposite direction, I don't see me picking up any of the controller side transmissions.  I am always willing to add more gear to pick up more freqs, but I think that frequency is just too far away for me to pick up without constructing a giant antenna mast in my back yard, which my HOA would certainly just love!  :-D

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 09:51:00 PM »
I only asked because you have 2 other frequencies that you can only hear aircraft and no controller those being 135225 and 127975

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 09:52:51 PM »
Also that sector is immediately west of you and would complete in and out flows to and fro from,Houston and Dallas

Offline bugalou

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 12:22:32 AM »
I only asked because you have 2 other frequencies that you can only hear aircraft and no controller those being 135225 and 127975

The scanner I bought came pre-programmed (from Dave).  I think he just threw in all the sites in the general direction my yagi would be pointed at.  If I ever get some time away from work I plan on tweaking the antenna placement/alignment for these feeds as well as look at the quality of each frequency.  At that time I may add/remove some channels and take your suggestion into consideration.  Check back at this thread, and I will be sure to post an update on when I plan to do this.

Offline bugalou

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 12:06:04 PM »
Please note the new planned outage.

Offline bugalou

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 07:47:14 PM »
running behind on the outage tonight.  I bumbed the start time up an hour.

Offline bugalou

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 09:08:43 PM »
I am working on the feed some tonight.  I am moving it over to a new, less power consuming device.   The outages should be short lived and I should have the audio settings tweaked in short order.

Offline bugalou

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 09:07:09 PM »
119.70 (Memphis Intl Tower) seems to be stuck transmitting.  I am not sure of the cause at this point.  I am going to leave it alone for tonight and see if it clears up by tomorrow.

Offline bugalou

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2011, 10:09:29 PM »
119.70 (Memphis Intl Tower) seems to be stuck transmitting.  I am not sure of the cause at this point.  I am going to leave it alone for tonight and see if it clears up by tomorrow.

I think I got this cleared up - still keeping an eye on it.

Offline bugalou

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2011, 11:36:23 PM »
Please note the new posted planned outrage for these feeds.

Offline bugalou

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2011, 10:11:14 PM »
Just had a little blip, and I am not sure what happened.  Everything is back up now.

Offline bugalou

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2011, 03:06:24 PM »
Had some more down time this morning related to the computer that handles this stream.  It is back up but I have yet to find a root cause so I am just going to watch it over the next few days.

Offline davolijj

• MMAC ARSR OKC
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2011, 12:09:07 PM »
Also that sector is immediately west of you and would complete in and out flows to and fro from,Houston and Dallas

These frequencies used to be on the North Little Rock (KORK) feed.  The ZME transmitters for sector 21 (CWS-Hi) and sector 20 (LIT-UH) are in north little rock and the feed based in Memphis wouldn't receive it too well.  And you're correct, those sectors handle all NOBLY departures from DWF and all arrival traffic on the LIT transition to the BYP arrival, as well as IAH arrivals routed over LIT who haven't been cut short, and any IAH departures routed over PXV.

I'm not sure where the KORK feed went but it disappeared a few weeks ago.

JD