Author Topic: KLAX - Landlady issues...***Back Online***  (Read 22056 times)

Offline athaker

KLAX - Landlady issues...***Back Online***
« on: March 18, 2008, 12:58:37 AM »
So my landlady is a fool and doesn't like the way I have my antenna wire coming down from the roof and through a window, so she wants me to move my antenna off the roof. 

I have yet to figure out where I'll move the antenna but things are not looking good right now.  I might have to take the feed offline a few days and then maybe sneak the thing back up onto the roof.  When I figure out what to do, I'll keep you updated.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 06:08:43 PM by athaker »

Offline KSYR-pjr

Re: KLAX - Landlady issues...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 09:26:47 AM »
For a small fee and a lifetime of owed favors, LiveATC.net offers a service called EFFHER, or EFFective Hostile managEr Removal service.  Offending landladies are politely extracted from the premises under the cover of darkness and relocated to a small fishing community on the shores of the Beaufort Sea, near Tuktoyaktuk, Northwest Territories, Canada.

Offline athaker

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 01:41:44 PM »
Send me an application!

Ok guys, i regret to inform you KLAX may have to go offline for a few days.  My plan is to put the antenna back up once my landlady is done with her recent work around here, and then do a better job of hiding the wire (a rain gutter and tie-wraps should do the trick.  As long as she isnt craning her neck and actively looking the screw me, she won't know the antenna went back up.  Right now the antenna is lying on my balcony, and while still attached, listening right now the signal is not feed worthy.

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 01:57:51 PM »
Too bad.   Any chance you could work with her to come to an acceptable solution that allows the antenna?   Or, is she like every landlady in my past life and very difficult thanks to her throne in that kingdom?

Offline athaker

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 03:02:10 PM »
I'm ready to put my antenna back up but my roommate took our ladder to his parents place for a coupla days.  As soon as it's back, KLAX will be up and running again!  thanks for your patience

Offline Chananya Freedman

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 04:23:42 PM »
thanks for the information. Sorry I couldn't give you a better suggestion than I did the other day.

Where I live, I can get on my scanner the planes arriving and departing from LAX, but not the controllers.   So this feed is a wonderful addition. Good luck.

Sincerely,

Chananya  :-)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 07:37:08 AM »
Thanks for the updates...dealing with difficult landlords can be very difficult, indeed.

-dave

Offline athaker

Re: KLAX - Landlady issues...***Back Online***
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 06:15:04 PM »
Okay so the feed is up and running again!

While I had the antenna down, I upgraded to a much stiffer metal pipe as the mast since the last one was mostly at the mercy of the wind.  I also did a better job of hiding the cable so hopefully my landlady wont know the better. 

Unfortunately, I realize that I do have what sounds like a ground loop hum. The scanner is grounded to the computer chassis but that doesn't seem to make a difference.  There is a wall electrical outlet very close by so that could be it, and I'll try to get a short BNC extension to move the scanner further away from that.  Any other advice is always appreciated.

For those of you who listen to LAX frequently, let me know if the quality has gone up/down/stayed about the same. 

Remember, I gotta shut this feed down when I end my lease mid-june, so until then, enjoy!

And for you NCAA fans, GO BRUINS

Offline Chananya Freedman

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 06:59:42 PM »
Congratulations! I'm glad it's up again. I'll miss this feed after mid-June. Anyone reading this: If you have the capability to put it back up somehow, that would be great! I can't do anything from here. :-(

Offline bcrosby

• Fly With Blake
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 02:17:23 PM »
Why is the feed going down in June?

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 03:51:25 PM »
Why is the feed going down in June?

The feeder is moving.   

Offline onesierrawhiskey

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 06:59:58 PM »
Any updates on when KLAX Tower will return?

Offline Ifly

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2008, 09:23:13 PM »
Congratulations! I'm glad it's up again. I'll miss this feed after mid-June. Anyone reading this: If you have the capability to put it back up somehow, that would be great! I can't do anything from here. :-(

Hi,
I am new to this forum, and I just noticed this post that the KLAX feed would be down due to the feeder moving. (I am sorry to hear this, but at least time for a new landlord.)
I happen to live under the glidepath of 24L&R and would be willing to put up an antenna and have a fantastic constant connection to the internet - if someone would supply the equipment.

Ryan

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 09:35:29 PM »
Ryan-

Contact me offline at dave at liveatc.net

-dave

Offline Ifly

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2008, 03:34:39 AM »
Message sent Mon, Jun 23, 2008 8:10 pm.
Do you need me to resend?

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 05:36:05 AM »
No.  My "real world" job demands a lot ad this sometimes means it can take a few days to answer emails.

Dave