Well, we made it back to the store tonight, so I have made a few tweaks to the system. I think things have improved quite a bit, especially compared to what it has sounded like the last couple of days.
I set the delay on both channels, so hopefully we will be able to hear both sides of each conversation better than before (thanks go to Chananya for the tip).
I also put a command in the startup script to set the input volume, so we should have much better levels than the last couple of days.
Lastly, but probably most importantly, I put some distance between the scanner and the PC and WiFi bridge. The bridge was responsible for a lot of the hash that we've been hearing, so I think it sounds a lot better now.
So if the bridge will just quit crashing on us, I think we will have a pretty decent KLAX feed.
Thanks for your patience!
Your KBUR and KLAX feeder