airtraffic

Author Topic: KFNL Feed  (Read 9261 times)

Offline eliveatc

KFNL Feed
« on: April 09, 2022, 11:53:35 AM »
For those listening to the KFNL feed, the ISP for that feed is FRII.  I apologize that the feed has been going up and down recently.  For the last week they have had issues with their network.  I had been serving the feed via tethering while waiting out their issues and the feed is now back on via FRII.  Currently their network is somewhat stable though seems to drop out occasionally. 

You can monitor their progress on their network issues here:

https://www.facebook.com/FrontRangeInternetInc/
https://frii.com/

Offline eliveatc

Re: KFNL Feed
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2022, 11:57:14 AM »
The feed has moved to a new location for much improved reception.

The previous location had some trouble receiving aircraft to the north and west and aircraft on the ground (the latter especially with aircraft with belly mounted comm antennas) and was saturated when aircraft transmitted over the site due to the high gain LNA.  The new location is better situated for receiving all traffic both air and ground.  I've been testing it for a week before switching the feed over this morning and the results show a remarkable improvement.  There are no weak signals anymore and no instances of receiver saturation.

The current feed is built with the following:

The previous feed was the following:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 11:59:18 AM by eliveatc »

Offline flunkat

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2022, 06:29:54 PM »
Thanks for posting your setup details. Good info.

Offline mitchw62

KCHK Feed
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 01:24:53 PM »

KCHK CTAF
Feed Status: DOWN
Last heard on: 2022-05-02 17:11:05 (0 days 0 hours 0 minutes ago)   

I adjusted on squelch.  And it appears to working.
Issues are:
1- When we adjust squelch too low, we get cross-talk from nearby AWOS-Wx station on 118.175
2  It says last heard o minutes ago.  What do I need to do to get this working right.

Thanks

Offline eliveatc

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2022, 11:58:19 AM »
KFNL feed may be spotty today.  The ISP for the feed is "performing upgrades to our towers for our fixed wireless internet".

Offline eliveatc

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2022, 12:35:23 PM »
The feed for KFNL has been spotty since Monday.  The old ISP (FRII) was purchased by a new provider last month (VistaBeam).  The new ISP is having connectivity issues.  They have no time estimate for repair.  My apologies.

Offline eliveatc

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2023, 11:32:26 AM »
KFNL feed updates:

The JetCenter (ASRI/FBO) feed has moved to the same site as the tower and ground feeds.  Thus, it is much clearer.  However, its frequency is shared among the other JetCenters in the area (e.g., KAPA & KCOS), so one-way communications to those offsite FBOs will also be heard.

A consolidated feed was added last week:  "KFNL Gound/Tower".  This feed has the tower on the left channel and ground on the right.  This is helpful for when the field isn't busy and the controller is on both frequencies simultaneously.

Feed setup:

Offline eliveatc

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2024, 11:59:44 AM »
The KFNL feed may be spotty today. 

The feed is located at the airport and its ISP is a "WISP" whose wireless tower for the location is down.  The feed is connected to the internet through tethering until the WISP fixes the tower. 

In the interim, the tethering connection may be unreliable.