Author Topic: KCDW and KMMU  (Read 14705 times)

Offline keith

• KS Flight Log
KCDW and KMMU
« on: May 21, 2007, 02:04:19 PM »
We're having new carpet installed upstairs, so everything has to be moved.  In preparation for this, I'm going to see if the cable in basement works and will be doing a test shortly that involves moving the cable modem.

So, the feeds will be down briefly today, and then possibly for most of May 22/23.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 11:57:25 AM by keith »

Offline sussler

I've noticed that the KMMU feed has been down for a bit.  Any word on when you'll have it back up?  Thanks!

Offline keith

• KS Flight Log
KCDW/N07 is back up. I should be able to get MMU up before the end of the week.

Offline keith

• KS Flight Log
Now CDW is down again...there's a deafening humming that overpowers the signal. I'm trying to find out what's going on.

Offline keith

• KS Flight Log
Thanks to Dave, I found the problem and will be fixing it with some wire and alligator clips between the scanner and the PC case.

Offline keith

• KS Flight Log
Ok, the KCDW feed is back online, with no static, running off a more stable desktop now!

Offline keith

• KS Flight Log
MMU is back up, but with a hum for now.  Right now it's running off an old, clunky laptop (from which I cannot seem to remove the hum). I just ordered a 2nd soundcard for the machine running the CDW feed. Once that is installed, I'll move the MMU feed onto that box, and we should be hum-free.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 12:43:32 PM by keith »

Offline keith

• KS Flight Log
Re: KCDW and KMMU
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 07:12:58 PM »
Wow, and just as quickly as it was back up...MMU is down again. The temporary laptop (in fact, TWO of them) has/have died.  I'll just have to wait until the second soundcard arrives (ordered and shipped today) for the main PC, then it should be up, stable, and hopefully without humming.

Offline keith

• KS Flight Log
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2007, 04:16:38 PM »
The 2nd soundcard arrived, Morristown tower is up, and stable.

Offline keith

• KS Flight Log
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 10:53:50 AM »
*blush* Aaaaaaaaaaand MMU is down again.  The beta version of the streaming software isn't working out for me.  I'm attempting to get a 2nd instance of STWin up and running on that box.  Once that happens, MMU will be back in action. I'm hoping it will only be a few days.

Offline keith

• KS Flight Log
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 12:25:14 PM »
Ok, we're up and going with STWin v4 for both feeds.  I'm not going to come out and say that it's stable, because that remains to be seen, but HISTORICALLY, I haven't had probs with STWin, and prior stability issues were laptop hardware related (the wi-fi would stop working).

*fingers crossed* We should be good to go now.

Offline keith

• KS Flight Log
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 11:31:28 AM »
Heading out to store to replace cable modem, this one keeps resetting throughout the day. MMU and CDW down for a couple of hours, starting now.

Offline keith

• KS Flight Log
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 12:46:12 PM »
And we're back.

Offline keith

• KS Flight Log
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 01:24:18 PM »
KCDW was being fed, but the scanner was switched off (perhaps from a recent power outage). I'm not sure how long it'd been like that, but it's back up and running again. In addition, I've added the N07 GCO frequency (used to call NY Tracon and FSS) to the scan list.