airtraffic

Author Topic: KBUR feed going down in 2 weeks - looking for volunteer  (Read 8495 times)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
KBUR feed going down in 2 weeks - looking for volunteer
« on: February 05, 2015, 01:09:38 PM »
We'll be losing our current KBUR feed location in a couple of weeks.  Anyone close to Burbank, CA willing to help provide the feed?  We can loan a radio and Raspberry Pi setup to a qualified volunteer - very low power and only tiny network bandwidth required.

Contact me if you're interested in keeping KBUR alive.

Offline donde

Re: KBUR feed going down in 2 weeks - looking for volunteer
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 10:34:45 AM »
I just joined LiveATC forum. I'm in the San Fernando Valley area. Why did KBUR go down? Right now I feed LAX ADB-S data using Raspberry Pi, etc to Flightradar24. I notice I see no commercial traffic around Bob Hope Burbank airport. I went to LiveATC and it shows Status:  Feed Down

I don't know if I could be of help.

Don

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: KBUR feed going down in 2 weeks - looking for volunteer
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 08:51:19 PM »
I just joined LiveATC forum. I'm in the San Fernando Valley area. Why did KBUR go down? Right now I feed LAX ADB-S data using Raspberry Pi, etc to Flightradar24. I notice I see no commercial traffic around Bob Hope Burbank airport. I went to LiveATC and it shows Status:  Feed Down

I don't know if I could be of help.

Don

The feed provider moved out of the area.  Whether you can help depends on how far away you are from KBUR.  If you are more than 10-15 miles away, probably not.  It all depends on terrain and whether you could mount an antenna outside and in the clear.