Author Topic: KABQ Feed on New Network, back up  (Read 5934 times)

Offline ConnorD

KABQ Feed on New Network, back up
« on: August 03, 2009, 03:42:21 PM »
I am going to cross my fingers that it will stay up this time, but so far so good. Back up for now (KABQ/KAEG/ABQ Approach).

Offline ConnorD

Re: KABQ Feed on New Network, back up
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 12:00:20 AM »
Currently the signal on my scanner is not so good at a different location, will be fixed sometime. Although, it could just be the transmitters ABQ was using today (?)

Dave, do you have any suggestions? I do have a 1/2 wavelength antennae that is magnetic that can go on a big piece of metal to get a full wavelength, do you think that would help? Right now having the antennae outside of the building is not an option.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 12:31:18 PM »
A half-wave antenna should be fine, especially is it is cut to the right length (i.e., resonant in the airband somewhere).  The trick is to find the optimum placement inside that minimizes noise and maximizes signal.  Takes some experimentation.

Offline ConnorD

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 09:50:48 PM »
I actually now am using an external glass-mount radio shack antenna that is normally made for cars, but working fine for me. It is the same wavelength as my last antenna, except that it is outdoors.

Next problem right now is that when my Radio Shack Pro-83 scanner is plugged into the external power source, it has a slightly annoying buzzing noise.

Any suggestions about that?